October 18, 2010

Momma says the'll be days like this, they'll be days like this!

Isn't that a song, or is that the final clue that I have officially lost my mind? 

Well today is one of those days!  A day where there isn't enough Diet Coke, you feel like crawling into bed at 2 in the afternoon and calling it a day!  I always seem to battle with myself whether or not my blog is/isn't the right place to write down my feelings.  I get it that I don't have to hit publish. But I also don't like to give the perception that everything is perfect.  It's a fine thin line.  Trust me though there are many posts that are way to private and haven't been out there in La La Land for everyone to see.  I don't want sympathy. I don't want a pitty party.

To many things going on in my little mind and world. Many of it to personal to share. Many things that are out of my control. Many things that really probably aren't that big of a deal on there own but added together it seems to much, like you just can't take it anymore.  But on the other hand, who am I to complain. Things could be worse,  a lot worse.  I hate when I am "Debbie Downer"  but I also hate when I don't deal with things. 

I hate feeling like I can't breath and I'm not being a good wife or mother because I'm being pulled in twelve different directions. i always feel guilty because I don't think I spend as much quality time with Olivia or Casey. I know I can't spend all the live long day with her sitting down and playing Tinkerbell but I could do a better job.  I guess I just want to vent. Maybe advice? I know tomorrow is another day. How do other Mother's, Wife's, Sister's, and Friends deal with it all? 

Amidst it all I am grateful for many things. My little family for one. If nothing else we have each other. I am grateful for my true friends. I am grateful for the things I know and believe and no one can take that away from me. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me for me.  I am grateful for his patience in me while I learn to rely on him more and believe in him. I have learned in life that its during the difficult times you really learn what's important. All the rest is just stuff.   

Well there ya have it, My life isn't perfect and I don't think yours is either.  It's just one of those days!!  I am now going to go crawl into bed with 11, no make that 15 cookies and watch something funny, because by damn I've gotta laugh at least once today!!! 

6 comments:

Gage said...

Diet Coke is a staple in Dawn's motherhood life. We have it in the house, car, van and bedroom.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Then by damn do it! I loved this post & I love you! You are so awesome & I am right there with you on EVERYTHING you said! Thanks for this post!

Annie said...

I am that person you described... actually, I think every mother is. Like you said, tomorrow is a new day... and cookies will make anything better!

XOXO

Annie

Ann said...

Focus on the positive. They always out weigh the negative. Let me know if you need anything. :)

Anonymous said...

Man, I feel your pain!! That's funnny - did you see my blog post yesterday too? It was along the same exact lines, and as soon as I posted it, I was like, was that a mistake? I hope not. And then, kinda embarrassed too that people really know how I'm feeling - not just what I want them to think I'm feeling...and then I was like, Nope. I'm leaving it - we all have our times. So there. Thanks for making me feel better - like I'm not all alone in that feeling anyway!

Anyway - I hope you're feeling better today. It can be so frustrating to feel this way, I sometimes feel like everything I'm trying to accomplish is in vain - a failure. I hope it's not - but who knows, I guess?

Hang in there - I love reading your blog - debbie downer, or upbeat amy - either way - it's you and I like it!!

Summer said...

Just letting you know I was here lurking in your blog again! It is always an adventure. I just have to say that I know how you feel (emphasis on all of that). I try to remember that I am only seeing a small portion of the big picture.. Heavenly Father does know how we feel and is there- it takes longer to pull out of funks sometimes.