May 10, 2010

Get it together


I am tired of feeling overwhelmed. I am so tired of feeling not motivated. 
So I decided to take some advice from magnets I have all around my house that say, 
SIMPLIFY
I was tired of going to bed feeling like I haven't accomplished anything, yet knowing I had. 
I know this isn't a cure to it all, but at least I feel like it takes a little load off. 
I have heard several girlfriends say that rather than trying to conquer the world all in a day,
 just do a little by little.
I get caught up thinking that cleaning my house, blogging, emails, photography, etc is my first priority. 
But that is when I realized I'm not doing the things I should be, want to, or need to be doing. 
So I organized a little chore chart for myself designating different items to certain days.  
It's going to be hard not to want to organize the pantry,
or do laundry when I look at it and it needs to be done. 
But on the other hand already today it's been nice thinking
"Um don't worry about the ironing today, you can do it Thursday"  

If only now I can convince Casey to give me a sticker or a prize
 for all my chores being done at the end of the day?
Maybe he will take me to the Dollar Store and I can get a knock of Barbie doll like I used to get and the head will pop off before we even get home. 
Good Times, Good Times!!   

4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I do something similar. I have a rotating cleaning schedule so that everything gets done during the week. I also have a "project day" where I don't really clean anything. That day is set aside for things like organizing the pantry, going through the food storage, cleaning out closets, etc. Whatever needs to be done, I do it on "project day." I love it. I just do a little bit each day, and my house stays clean and organized. Mind you, there is a difference between "clean" and "picked up." ;0)

Melanie said...

Hey Amy- I made my blog private, so if you want to send me your email I will send you an invite :)
ctr7726 at aol.com

The Thurstons said...

Fabulous idea Am! I agree... I always feel like I've accomplished nothing, because I've picked up the exact same toys 13 times. I'll have to borrow your list and make my own!!!

TheShippenFamily said...

I need to get on a schedule like this! I try to do everything at once and I feel like I constantly spin my wheels! I really need to get my kids to help me but sometimes that is harder than doing it myself. Thanks for the tips and I love the paper you printed your lists on.