November 23, 2008

Christmas Wish List!!

What I really want for Christmas..........
Ok but what I really want/need is a dang vacuum THAT WORKS!!! I'm so disgusted with what NOT my vacuum won't pick up, heaven knows what we are walking in. If ANYONE has any suggestions for good vacuums without having to sell my left arm for I would appreciate any input. Thank you!!!

12 comments:

Tandy said...

I got on Consumer Reports and bought my vacuum and it is like $120.00 bucks. The thing is a piece of junk but sucks really good. I know of 3 others who have bought it because they have seen mine. Call me if you want details....

Ashlee said...

I have a Dyson. I know it's spendy (got mine at Costco for like 399) but it's SOOOO worth it. Trust me, I have 3 kids ages 4 and under- that thing gets a lot of use. I've had it for 2 years and if I broke it today, I'd get another.

Check out www.woot.com they get refurbished ones for the low 200's often. You should do it- Dyson's rock.

Anonymous said...

We killed 2 vacuums with our new carpet in the first few months of moving in and did a bit of research. We ended up getting Shark's version of the Dyson called Infinity and have been very happy with it. It was over a hundred dollars cheaper and works amazingly. (I just noticed on their link that is says it's currently out of stock, but I don't know if that means in local stores too. We got ours at Wal-mart or Target.)

jEn said...

oreck is the best!!!! why don't you come to church!!! did someone offend you? :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Our vacuum stinks too! We plan on getting a new one in the next little while, so if you find one you really like, let me know!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your suggestions, maybe Santa will bring me a vacuum if I made his "good list".

Oh and Jen, I do go to church but I pay 15% in tithing so I only have to go every other week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson. We have had it for over 4 years now and it still works great.. I LOVE IT especially for little kids becuase it picks up EVERYTHING!!!!! IT is so worth it

Holly and Eric said...

I hope you don't mind if I leave a comment on your blog. I saw your link on Natalie's blog. It's been fun to see what you've been up to lately. Olivia is gorgeous! You have such a cute family and you look so great! Say hi to all the girls for me, I miss you guys and need to get back in touch!

Unknown said...

How freakin' cute is Olivia! She looks like Casey's twin! I want her... can I put her in my pocket? I miss you guys - can we hang soon?

Marie Stott said...

I recommend a bagged vacuum. I had a Dyson but just sold it cause I didn't love knowing that a lot of the stuff I was vacuuming up was just going back in the air. Make sure and get one that works with your carpet. Oreck's are ok if you have really short tight carpet. But I just got a really nice on that I love. It's a Sanitaire by Electrelux. You can buy them used and they aren't that bad. Plus they will last you for another 30 years.

Jessa said...

Oh I so feel your pain. My vacuum has actually starting deposting things back into my carpet, so I told Damien I've had enough! My Christmas present this year is a new vacuum, I will let you know what I end up with!

Anonymous said...

I got the IRobot for Christmas from Ali and Greg. Ali swears by it! It will clean up to 4 rooms in a cycle. You can schedule it,it has a self-charging home base so it returns to home where it docks and recharges and it does wood floors as well as carpet. All this occurs while I'm sitting on the couch eating cookies and watching movies. Hey iRobot you missed some crumbs!