When I first heard that Extreme Home Makeover was coming to Utah I was so excited!
No only Utah but about 5 miles from where we were living.
I wanted to help so bad.
I was driving Casey crazy about it.
Finally I got the opportunity on a Sunday night/Monday morning and my awesome Cousin and her daughter came with me. Not only was it fun, It was a chance to giggle with my cousin who I haven't seen in years!
So Sunday night we came and served.
But then got declined.
I was so sad.
I wanted to be cool and get a pass to the other side of the fence.
Oh and get dirty.
Many people think I'm a girly girl, I am, but I also love to get dirty.
For Christmas I have gotten power tools!
After the volunteer crew told us to come back after an hour to see if they needed us for anything.
We finally got to pass through and get the t-shirt and the hard hat.
It was somewhat humorous when our first job was passing out water.
but after working for several hours in the heat I loved the water girl when she came by.
Honestly I haven't worked so hard in my life.
We worked from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
It was hard labor. But so worth it.
So hard I couldn't bend over for a week.
It was so fun to see everyone working so hard.
I have never seen so many workers in the same area at the same time. I was amazing to see it all come together.
I don't know the Gomez family but I would love to believe that all my family and friends and even strangers would do the same for me.
Liv and I went several times to check out the progess throughout the week.




1 comment:
so awesome you got to help--the house looks amazing~
Post a Comment