February 28, 2011

Exercise + Eating Healthy = Maybe a happy Amy


I say that joking because sometimes eating all healthy junk makes me cranky and craaaazzeee!!!!  I mean really who wants to eat esparagus and drink water for fun?  This is the girl who would eat cold pizza and drink a diet coke for breakfast if I could . But lately I've noticed flubber in areas that weren't there before. Or maybe it's because I have steamy showers and I dash to get dressed before the fog on the mirror is gone just to ignore my issues. Pure nakedness and looking in the mirror is like a swear word to me.  So I have been tempted into starting this Healthy Habits group that a friend of mine started and another friend is starting up again. 

The rules are simple. You keep track of your points daily on all of the following things;

- drink 64 oz of water a day (not diet coke) 1 point
- fruit and veggies, 1 point per serving max 5 points
- no sweets, 2 points
- no soda (um I think I won't be getting any points for this, I'm competitive but not that competitive)
- no food past 8 p.m., 1 point
- No eating out (or at least make good choices) 1 point
- Exercise 15 min.= 1 point Max 1hr = 5 points
- 7 hrs of sleep, 1 point

I guess everyone puts in $10 and at the end of the 6 weeks, who ever has earned the most points wins the mula!  I can guarantee I won't win because "Hi my name is Amy and I'm addicted to Diet Coke and have naughty eating habits". But if anyone is interested let me know or we can all just do this together. I may go on a binge diet and lock myself in my room with gingersnaps and bean dip until I start.  But seriously who couldn't benefit from a little motivation and healthy habit or two. 

Leave a comment if you are interested. Or leave a comment to motivate me.  And telling me to stop drinking DC doesn't count.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in....

(already kicking myself for just committing to that.)

:)

I need the motivation.

Send me the details.

Ali said...

haha i work at sonic we encourage your diet coke habit!

Jen Bird said...

me!!
and talk Nancy into it too!!

I am guilty of eating a cookie for breakfast or devouring a giant symphony bar...such bad habits!!

Unknown said...

Hey, you let me know how that goes! Props to you for doing this!