I love Halloween!!! It's my favorite holiday more than Christmas even!
Olivia is obsessed with Tinkerbell so that's what we had to be, however we pulled out our own Tinkerbell and she is now drowning in PINK! She was adorable and after the 3rd day of wearing it, she finally got the hang of it and was throwing her arms up in the air saying "look I'm Tinkerbell"
Since Halloween this year landed on a Sunday it was a full weekend of fun.
On Saturday night we took her to a couple hours in between the rain storm.
This was on Saturday night, when we attempted to go trick-treating. Notice the winter coat and the boots!! Really the ONE NIGHT that kids have to be outside for the entire year and it's crappy. BOOOOO!!
It did stop raining for about an hour, the problem then was everyone and their dog was out trick or treating so no one was home. It's ok Olivia loved handing out candy more than I think getting it in the first place.
It was adorable to hear her say "trick or treat" at the doors and be very timid (for the first time in her life) as she approached new unfamiliar front doors. I will admit it though that I do love when she's not so independent and actually grabs my hand because she wants and needs her mommy!!
The BEST moment of the night was when we actually ran out of candy...ok I still had my stash that I wasn't about to give up though. I said to Casey we should just give out something random to the next group...
as I'm standing in my pantry. He agrees. I grab two can's of TOMATO PASTE and two boxes of INSTANT PUDDING. Walaa! Dare is complete on my part now he just needs to do the dirty work. So after two groups of little kids (we couldn't do it to them so I handed over a Butterfinger), the task was complete!!!
Turns out the recipent was a girl in our neighborhood. HAAA!! I'm glad to because her parents thought it was funny. Hey I figured a mom would appreciate it!! There done, good deed for the day!!
Notice her booking it to my mom's door!! We threatened her the entire drive that she has to say "trick or treat" when Nana opens the door or else she won't get a treat.
Did she say it? Nope.
Did she get her treat? You betcha!!!
After about 3 minutes she was almost naked. But then I realize her costume was really a 3 in 1!
She was a fairy with the wings,
a ballerina without the wings,
and Jane Fonda with just the leotard!
Thanks Nana and Jim for a great night and a great meal.
I think I partook of 43 scones, 2 bowls of chili, and 3 sugar cookies!!




2 comments:
Your moms face in the picture of Olivia on her doorstep... almost made me cry. She's sooo cute! Both of them. Isn't it great having an awesome mom who loves your kids as much as you do? We're both lucky like that! Olivia is adorable as usual and her costume rocked.
I hope you get good news from the neuro and I'm super glad you didn't have to pay. Nothing worse than feeling icky AND having to pay a ton to get help. Hopefully you find out answers soon.
Love you guys-
Ash
I'm still laughing inside at her "I'm a princess" (with balerina actions). Love it! She is the cuteste fairy, princess, Jane Fonda ever!
Post a Comment