August 3, 2010

Oh Ice cream Man!!!!

Or in this particular case, woman! I knew this day would come. The day Liv would figure out that not only was that truck that goes by our home everyday funky in that it plays music, it's also MaGiCALlY  DeLiCiOuS!!
I finally broke down,
I couldn't hide it anymore.
She had to know.
She deserved to know.
THAT MY DEAR IS HAPPINESS ON WHEELS!

 We were standing outside when she pulled into our subdivision, then she disappeared.  I was thinking, oh great now I have promised her this for being a good girl that day and now I''m going to have to load up in the 140 degree car and go get some.  We stall outside hoping she will come back. Liv was so excited she kept saying "Ice cream truck, Ice cream Truck" and looking at me with those big brown eyes

She finally came around the corner. This is when we started walking near the truck and it's when Liv clinched onto me with all her grip.
Why do kids do that?
You have to admit there is something a little creepy about a truck delivering ice cream to all the little ones.
I pay a crap load for ice cream and then the lady hands me a ice cream the size of my pinky.
I have to admit this is when I thought "I just got ripped off, I haven't handed her my money yet, and I could TOTALLY out run this lady"!!
No worries mom, I didn't!

Olivia got some weird funky ice cream cartoon which I paid a grundle for and by damn Olivia you're going to like it!
Never mind you don't have to eat it all, I tasted it, it was nasty!
It did however contain some magic junk that turned her mouth, lips, face, fingers, dress, nose, and chin ALL BLUE. This stuff did not come off! Well at least she could be a Avatar character for Halloween now?
Enjoy this experience sweetie, love being a child!!!!

                        Listening for the truck                                                 FINALLY ENJOYING IT!


No I didn't give Olivia highlights! Her hair naturally does that in the summer, it's crazy!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Darling pics, as usual. Can you believe we don't have an ice cream man/woman that drives around here? Probably because ... IT'S TOO DANG HOT!

And Livvy ... I love the blue! Tell mommy you want to be a Smurf for Halloween!

Love you both oodles and oodles! Can't wait to see you on Friday!

TheShippenFamily said...

You are going to think I am evil, but I HATE the Ice Cream truck. I think the drivers are scary and I hate how they slowly follow behind kids playing. I even went to a hoa meeting to try and get the ice cream truck prohibited, one of the board members told me I was depriving kids of the american dream! So there is my secret hate! But the pics are adorable! And I would probably give in if Lily figured out what the creepy truck was.

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Sorry for the less-than-pro picture. I, too, had a 2 yr old jumping on me.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I love you! Your posts crack me up! But, now you've got her hooked. Every stinkin' day you're going to curse that darn truck because O will come running saying, "ice cream truck, ice cream truck." :)