May 2, 2010

Tulip Festival

The other day we headed to the Tulip Festival with my sister-in-law and our niece. It was so much fun.  I am so glad that they live closer now and we can do stuff like this all summer.  It helps that Olivia and Kelbi get along so well and have a great time.  It was just fun to get out and do something different.  I felt like I was experiencing the world. Ok maybe not, but it was something new besides the park or the McDonalds Drive Thru. 
Tandy and I had a great time catching up and I am sure she is still laughing at watching me run down this hill to catch my daughter.  I told her that I am sure I looked like this most overprotective Mother around just then.  I was laughing at myself as well. However I wouldn't put it past my daughter to be the only child to jump into the pond, thus the reason for my hurdling over children and screaming Olivia. 

It was a very fun day full of beauty and new surroundings. I'm sure we will have to make another stop there this summer.



2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

What cute girlies! And your pics of the tulips and gardens are beautiful! You are so talented!!

Jill said...

As always ... GORGEOUS PICS!