May 24, 2010

Bored and Broke

So I can't afford to go to my favorite shops and buy all the accessories (or junk as Casey calls it) so I have found a way to make things with stuff I already have. 

First is this wreath that I saw on Studio 5 that the chicka said she made of $1.97. Adorable and cute. But I think she was smoking something when she calculated it. Because there is no way she did what she did for that much. Not that you couldn't do it and make it look like hers but she had to have like $7 fabric die to make her paper towels look like they did. Haylie and I tried it with food coloring like she said she did and it looked like the Easter Bunny puked all over it. So we resulted to using fabrics, buttons, etc that we already had. Not sure how I feel about it but it's done.

After trying a million different bows for the wreath I wanted to do something on a necklace I had and never wore anymore.  I had seen something like this at several stores and then wanted like $20-$30 for it. Heck no.  If anyone wants to learn I'd be happy to show you, you'll surprise yourself when you see how easy it is!


4 comments:

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Yours turned out sooo cute! I am a little envious that yours is done... I still havent finished mine!! ARGH!

CaraDee said...

I think it looks great Ame. And I'm with you. Sometimes I get bored by my regular necklaces. So I have been clipping those cute satin flower hair do-dads on them and they are CUTE.

Jill said...

You are, as I have always said, AMAZING! Dang you for having so much talent!

Love ya lots and miss you tons!

Lindsay and Mike said...

You are so cute & creative!!!