August 3, 2009

New Challenge!




So I've decided to challenge myself a little and get that darn dusty sewing machine out. I have just become tired of seeing things that I would like to see myself attempt to make and not pay a grundle for.

My sister and I were talking about this and decided that a part of stepping out of your comfort zone, whatever it may be crafting, speaking in public, etc. you have to first realize that IT'S OK TO FAIL!!! It's ok to make mistakes and keep trying, just as long as you don't look to closely and in this case that would be the hemline seams!!! The next step is to make our upstairs into a "craft" room! HA I can see the look on Casey's face now!!

On the verge of sounding overly conceited, I want to challenge myself. In no way do I want anyone to think that I can do it all, because I can't, I just have told myself that if I want to try something sure go for it! Who's going to tell me no?
I am going to start this new Challenge called the "52 Week Be Creative Challenge"!
I am sure there are going to be plenty of failures along the way, but heck what's a girl to do???

I will post more about this coming up but I also just wanted to tell my husband how much I love him!! He is the best man and father that I know and could ever have asked for.

We are celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary on Friday!!! Holy Moly we made it!!! But we are packing up the car and headed to Cali! We may look like the Clampets driving but it's all in good fun. Either I buy a mini van, which when you know what happens I will do. Or I duct tape everything to the roof of the car. Which shall I do???

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy packing! See you tomorrow night! And I LOVE the challenge! Maybe I'll join you!

Love ya lots!

K.C. and Sally said...

I'm in for sure on this challenge. We should start a sewing night once a week...
LOVE that dress olivia has on, teach me please!

Coatsy's said...

you are going to do just fine with your challange.... Chloe's dress is amazing... i have had so many compliments... can't wait for some more......!!! happy anniversary... have fun in cali! :)