April 1, 2009

This lady knows how to Party!

Grandma's 80th Birthday!

I almost forgot to post the pics from my Grandma Murph's 80th Birthday Bash! She is an amazing woman! If you looked in the room and just saw what she and Grandpa created you could help but gain a greater appreciation for family! Those two define the meaning of marriage. Tough times and good times but they've made it. When I was younger and naive I would look at them and think they make it look so easy. We all know its work but yet it should be easy!

Grandma is truly the most loving and caring woman. She has taught all of her daughters and granddaughters what it means to put family first. She is always wanting to do things for others. You always know you are going to get a birthday card, and growing up you even got a whole dollar!!! It sounds funny but I could recognize her penmanship from a mile away! Always handwritten notes. She is an inspiration to keep up on my journal, she has written in her journal everyday for I don't even now how many years. She has always treated us grand kids fairly from Christmas to birthdays to spending time with each of us. Which is why I LOVE the first picture below. Here is she is listening to her great grandkids play and sing a primary song and by her concentration you would never know that there are a million other distractions in that house. She loves her family almost as much as we love her! I love you grandma!!





What's a party without cupcakes??????



Everyone sent in a little note that was then put together into a book for grandma! Let's just say there were tears, many tears, but happy tears! Even Jeff CRIED!!!



Then everyone did a quilt block showing what they think of when they think of Grandma. There were blocks showing anything from Diet Coke cans, to her house, to Wasatch. So many memories!




Then we played a great game of "Murphoo" our version of Taboo! Thanks Aunt Ned it was great!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Of course I get picture under the "crying" shots. REALLY wish we would have known about the reading it aloud. Sure would have gone about it a different way! GEESH!

It was a fun party... especially Murphoo- good job, mom.

I can't believe she's 80! She's a young 80. I hope I'm that happy and healthy at that age!

Tandy said...

I really loved that post and your right there is nothing more virtuous than a woman who knows that her family comes first no matter what!

Unknown said...

How darling is your family... I just have to make a comment about Colleen! Lookin' hot! She is so cute!