I went to Costco today and of all things got the golden front row parking!! And I thought its going to be a great day! But that happiness didn't last very long. When I walked around to the other side of the car to get Olivia I turned just as I saw a Mother scream and yell out.
I looked and she had gone over the speed bump, which I have cursed at several times before, and there was something on the ground. Oh my gosh it was a car seat turned upside down! I panic and get Olivia out as fast as I can! Rush over to her and try to help in anyway I can.
What do you possibly do for a mother in this situation?
She had another son, probably around 4 years old. I tried to talk to him to keep his mind busy with other things. A police officer came over and of course we are drawing a crowd at this point.
And then there is always the overbearing mother, bless her heart, who comes over and is like "you need to take the baby in now!" Which I agree with and recommended to the mother as well, but seriously give the mother some time to grasp what just happened.
The police officer and I loaded her groceries in the car and then I had to fill out some report with Costco.
I just pray that I don't see some horrible news about this little baby.
March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good golly! That puts a damper on anyone's afternoon.
By the way tho, I LOVELOVELOVE your new header. Too cute my dear.
That is so scary! I hope he/she is okay. When Millie was 4 mos old we went to California and while we ate breakfast at a restaurant I let her sleep in her seat un-buckled and the arm wasn't clicked up so she would stay asleep. My hubby didn't know this, so as we were leaving he picked her up and the arm slipped and she fell out, face first onto the cement right in the edge of the door. It was horrible, but we checked it out and she was fine, just a big bruise right on her head. I really hope the other baby is okay.
Yikes, that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it! I hope everything turns out o.k.
Post a Comment