February 24, 2009

McGruff - Take a bite out of crime



I admit it I am always on the look out. I find myself looking out the window wondering what is going on outside. The other night as I was in bed around midnight I kept hearing this truck drive by. Which isn't uncommon because we have a neighbor who has a truck. But this was different. It kept happening over and over again. So finally I looked out the window ......and what did I see.......NOT popcorn popping on a apricot tree. (sorry nursery rhymes are on my mind lately)

It was a truck that I have never seen before. It would drive up and down the street, turn around come back and occasionally circle the block. All the while driving really slow. So being the nosy person that I am I get ticked off and want to know who the heck this is and what are they doing. OH no you didn't not in my neighborhood!!!

I went outside and hid on the side of my house to see if I could see what they were doing. I then went inside and got Casey, and by his reaction you would think I was robbing him. He scared me so bad. I told him what was going on and I decided to call the police to have them come take a look around.

For heaven's sake we have three cops that live on my street, but apparently they were all working. By the time the police showed up he was long gone. Nothing happened don't fret!

But the point of my post was to first warn my neighbors. I am watching you Mr. Little White Truck! And second to remember Casey and my conversation afterwords. So we were laying in bed and Casey started to make fun of me and telling me that I should be the Captain of the Neighborhood Watch! He asked me who I would have on my committee? I immediately appointed him the position of Historian but he declined. And then he started barking like Mr. McGRUFF!!

You know...... TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME!!! Who doesn't recall the friendly over sized dog that would keep all children from danger? We had a sticker on my house as I recall. But as a child I was always convinced that some creepy dude would have have a sticker so I didn't trust the system. Boy how things have changed can you imagine if we had those stickers these days?

Anyways so if there are any volunteers to be on my Mr. McGruff Team just let me know! I am thinking of getting t-shirts made.

4 comments:

Jill said...

BOY ... are we from the some womb or what? I do the same thing all the time. In fact, every night before I go to bed (around midnight) I look out the window. Thurston girls rule when it comes to solving crimes! I VOLUNTEER to take Casey's place as Historian. In fact, I'll be anything you want me to be Madam McGruff!

Love ya!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You crack me up! That is kind of creepy that some random truck was driving around the neighborhood. I wonder what he was doing! Crazy! I'll be on your McGruff team...but only if I get an awesome t-shirt! :)

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

I'm in! I'm not in your neighborhood, but whatever.

I think this is some genetic thing... I am ALWAYS looking out the window, looking for unfamiliar cars. I have called the cops more times than I can count on one hand, and I've even chased a few punks in my day... just ask Britt.

One time... I noticed this guy in a car just sitting there. He was there for like 2 hours. So I called the cops and guess what... HE was a cop. I dont know whats creepier, a stranger sitting in the 'hood or a cop having a REASON to be hanging out in my 'hood.

Anyway... I'm with ya.

CaraDee said...

When I became an adult, I thought back on those McGruff stickers too. I'm like "who decides who gets one of those??" Crrreeepppyy.