December 18, 2008

Christmas Traditions (not so spiritual)



So this is how humor works in our family. Last year we were on our way to a Christmas Party and I say to Casey;

Me: I hate those blow up Santa’s and Winnie the Pooh’s people put in their yard. (Sorry to all those I offend)

Casey: Oh yea

Me: I just want to punch them in the face

Casey: Oh yea

Me: Yea!

Casey: Well I dare you to then???

Me: What, punch them in the face?

Casey: You betcha!

Me: Ok pull the car over!

So what do I proceed to do….. sneak my way out of the vehicle go up to some random house (not in our neighborhood, city, or even county) and….

Wind up……

Get my slugger ready…..

And BAM, POW, WAM!!!!

Yes I PUNCHED Santa in the face; it wasn’t my proudest moment as an adult, yet very exhilarating at the same time. His face/body pounced down on the ground and bounced back up like he wanted more!! Like those punching bags you had as a child.

So we have made it a tradition that as we drive throughout the winter and see ridiculous lights we dare one another to do certain things. For example there is a house near ours that has arched lights illuminating the sidewalk and for the past two years Casey has dared me SKIP, TWIRL, DANCE, down the sidewalk (row of 4 houses) as he follows me in the car.

And I ask myself, why can’t I say NO?” So it was my turn to dare Casey, so the other night after delivering a something to a stranger for Casey’s work, I noticed their beautiful Nativity scene on the front lawn. No it really was pretty! So I dared him to give the third wise man a big BEAR HUG as he left. It was classic I just wish I had my camera with me!!

8 comments:

Christian Levi said...

Great to see that you've grduated from forking lawns...(mine) and peeing on porch's...(mine).

Punching Santa in the face. that's really great Amy, really great.

Paul/Heather said...

I love your totally random confessions! They crack me up.
Merry Christmas

Melanie said...

You two are so funny! That would be something to see! Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

You are so funny, Amy! I love your blog. And we got your Christmas card yesterday and it is adorable! I loved it. Looks like you are having fun with Olivia.

Keri Haynie said...

I often wonder why some people have $500 worth of blow up decorations on their property. At least someone is having some fun with them. We would love to get together soon and meet your new little one.
Jared and Keri

Keri Haynie said...

One more thing. Are you two the ones that go around and position those lighted reindeer to look like they are humping?

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I now know what I'm giving you for Christmas next year! ;)

nancy said...

This would be ONE of the reasons I love you so much. I am sure if they had the dear you would heave set them up too!!