If anyone knows Casey its all about the Yankees! And tonight was the last game in Yankee stadium. It was one of those moments where you just let them be (them being “the men”) and allow him to have his “alone time” in his room. I think he was sad because we never got to go to a game in that famous stadium. We’ve always kind of put it off in the hopes of saving the big bucks for the adoption and not go on our dream trip. It’s one of those things that you wonder do you just do it and live life or say to you yourself “oh well do it one day”?? Well great now it’s officially too late and I must comfort my dear husband while he mourns (and we all know how guys are when either they’re sick or sad!!!! You all know what I’m talking about). So I’ve promised him that we will go for our 10 year anniversary and see the new fancy trillion bazillion dollar stadium that seems ridiculous to me, but heck I’ll go as long as I get to spend some $$$ in the big city and I get a hot dog while watching some baseball!! So hears to you Yankees for the joy and happiness that you have brought into Casey’s life, and I’m sure he will pass that along to our kids one day.
6 comments:
Casey I have to share your pain. I was lucky enough to go to one game about 3 years ago. the Yankees were playing the Angels and A-rod had TEN RBI's!( I must admit that I was there as an ANgels fan..) But there was definately an historic feeling there. Go burn a red sock. It will make you feel better.
-Christian
Aw.... poor Casey. Yes, we all know how "they"... meaning the "men" are when they're sick or sad! I think it's sad that they are getting rid of Yankee stadium. It seems like they're getting rid of history. :( Oh well... bigger and better is the American Dream, right?
Am...tell Casey to stop whining...it's only the Yankees. Do I need to point out the obvious? The only reason it is already the last game in Yankee Stadium is because they're not even going to make the playoffs this year. Sorry to add salt to the wound.
As much as I dislike the Yankees, I must admit that it is sad to see a piece of baseball history closed and shutdown. I understand your pain Case...
We send our most sincere condolences to Casey. May he be comforted at this difficult time. Cas ... our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love ya!
My Grandpa guarded the locker room at Yankee Stadium for 20 years. We have a lot of fun memories of games and visiting him when we were younger. Too bad ticket prices are so ridiculous now that people have to take out a 2nd mortgage in order to take their family to a game. Let's get together soon! Keri
I was sad about that too..it was an HUGE awesome stadium!
Post a Comment