May 2, 2011

Religion Boot Camp

  Ha Don't you like the title of my post? I laugh because that's what I was preparing myself for the night before these little ladies and I ventured out for BYU Women's Conference last weekend.  Pretty sure my mom was in heaven having me trapped listening to amazing women share their testimonies. All joking aside, it WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.  Funny thing is, attending this was all my idea so that counts as something right? 

Like I said, this was exactly what I needed. You know how you get in those lulls, right? 

It was amazing and reminded me of how much I can do better, but and this is key, take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. I often get ahead of myself and think I have to do it all and it all has to be done today. Not so much!!! 

I will share with you more later with what I learned about myself, my Savior, my needs, my wants, what's really important.   But before I forgot I wanted to just say how grateful I am for these incredible women I have in my life and I'm lucky enough to call them my Madre, and my Older and Wiser Sister as well as my bestie friends. 

The weekend was fun because we not only got a 2 days of girly time, yes it was in a classroom but we still managed to tip toe our way out of a few classes to attend to a much needed class at the University Mall and PF Changs.  We spent the night at a hotel, which in and of itself had many memories, which may or may not include the following; mothers snoring waking us up at 1 am which ironically turned out so we could watch The Royal Wedding, a flatulence problem by someone who shall remain anonymous, Chocolate cake down at the Hotel's restaurant where I may or may not have snorted incredibly loud, Jill acting like a child and trying to sneak a picture of my for blackmail purposes.  Who act's like this really, I mean people grow up!! 

I love you ladies, snooring and all!!! 

3 comments:

Jill said...

And we love YOU! Thank you for suggesting that we attend this. It was just the boost that I needed. And like you said, I got to spend time with my 2 best friends! I love you both so much!

Anonymous said...

You & your older sister sound so much like me & my oldest sister when we get together! I would love to go to something like this but I never know when they are. I have definitely have been in one of those lulls you were talking about.

Brittany said...

Ah! Jealous! Hope I can go next time. I'm also glad to see you all coordinated outfits so nicely. Brings pleasure to my eyes LOL