December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We always spend Christmas Eve at Casey's Mom's house. She had a day full of events planned. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. First we always start off with frosting cookies, which there is always a designated "child plate" where they have decorated them and no one dares to eat those. They are off limits. Then we did some sledding. They have a several acres of land so there is plenty of room to roam. And as you can tell Olivia loved it. She kept yelling "YEA YEA YEA" until her father almost killed her mother and her by letting us get to close to sliding in a ditch. It was funny though.

Then we had a yummy dinner with Nan's famous meatballs, which I think I partook of approximately 400! It was all delicious and we all know i have no problem when food is in front of me. Next we opened up some presents where everyone was to generous. Olivia got a doll, an adorable new outfit, and her new famous red shoes. As always we had to do Gingerbread houses, where I got a little to out of control. You would have thought I was entering it into the next issue of Better Homes and Gardens.

The evening came to a conclusion when we all packed in the car and headed off to Spanish Fork's Pond Lights. We have done this for about 8 or so years. It is a great time and I hear it's even better than Thanksgiving Points. Well it was a great Christmas Eve and we knew that Olivia was going to love opening her presents the following morning.






No comments: