There are a few problems/issues I am dealing with, I am trying to have a good laugh about all of this. But there is just so much pressure to have it be so perfect and just exactly what is in my mind and what I want to have but....
A- If I were to spend the $300 on the dress I drool over every time I see it I think my bags would be packed and I would be living on my sidewalk.
B - I am dealing with the issue that typically it is a baby that is being blessed and not a 12 month old, but wearing a 18 month size currently. So unless I want to mold a dress to Olivia's body I am bound to find a dress that is meant for a pageant mom. I am not a fan of lace!!!
C - Seeing as how my brilliant child can walk, all of the dresses out there are about 2 feet taller than she is. So if she wants to crawl to her blessing or be held (which I am not really seeing as being a huge problem) for the entire day I must find a dress that is about 28" long.
D - Trust me I have joked around with the idea of having Casey place her in one of those front facing backpacks and just put her in a white onesie and call it good! Can you just see Casey carrying her to the front of the chapel in a backpack? Do you think that would cause some gossip???
HELP!!!
14 comments:
I think it's beautiful and what a challenge. You don't think about walking and everything. Have you gone to dressed in white in Orem? I also hit a store in Lehi that starts with a B just off of main. I wanted a really expensive dress to for Kelbi that was perfect. I told myself hey it's the only daughter I will ever have and then on the way to the store I got thinking I would never pay this for myself I would think it was insane! So I went with something less expensive and still loved it!
Broadbents, ha that's the name of the store in Lehi!
That dress is beautiful! There's a store called "Little Things Mean A Lot" in American Fork that has tons of styles of white outfits in all sizes and pricepoints for babies and children. It's across the street from Parker's Drive In
Amy, have you thought about having a dress custom-made? My Grandma made Halle's & Millie's and it is beautiful. I don't know what your time frame is but it might be worth looking into.
I LOVE this dress and I've seen it in person! It's gorgeous! Trust me ... I feel your pain. However,I have come to realize that she will only wear it ONCE (ok ... twice including the temple). It's perfect, she's going to look amazing AND it certainly beats the backpack and onsie! Check that off of your list and have her wear this one.
I love ya!
I like the one you have! But, you can always try Ebay. I got Liza's for like 17.00!
I got Ava's at the Little things mean a lot outlet store- it was like 75.00, but what I wanted...
You could always get what you really wanted for the sealing and then do this for her blessing?
Tough, I know. The pressure of her liking it, and seeing her white dresses- it's a lot! Good luck looking- she'll look adorable in anything!
LOVE IT...... IT is amazing and precious.... I think you should use that one. On the whole photoshoot, i was thinking two weeks. I also have a couple more ideas....
I was just going to e-mail you about this today! I knew, for sure, you'd have a gorgeous dress for Olivia...and I was right! I'm having a really hard time finding a blessing dress I love, too. Where did you get the one you have?
Amy,
I don't know if you remember me from the Pilgim's landing ward, but I also went to school with Casey. I love the dress you bought. I was just looking at the babygap.com website and found a really cute dress there. It does have eyelet though. Here's a link to it http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6437&pid=620007 Good luck. I'm so excited for you guys. Our oldest is adopted and I know how hard it is to find an outfit when most places only have little sizes. Have you checked out the distribution center? They are a little hit and miss on the cute stuff, but they have great prices. I know you want the perfect dress, but all that matters is that she is going to be yours forever and I don't think she's going to care if she's in the perfect dress or a onsie. All she knows is she loves you and you love her. You guys are awesome. Congrats.
JaNean
And whats wrong with the dress you have? I love it! It's unique and beautiful!
I think the dress you have is darling! Love it!
I love you. You make me smile. I can actually hear your voice as I read your posts, and I love it!
The dress is perfect. It's going to the the happiest day!
Aimee
I'm just jealous you get to buy a dress! I joked with Mike that we should have blessed Cohen in a dress...just for fun. He laughed about it, but I don't know why...I'm was COMPLETELY serious! :)
How wonderful Amy! The dress you have looks really beautiful and fortunately, Olivia looks gorgeous in everything you put her in! Just in case, here are a few I found...http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=21449485
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19567182
http://www.shepherdscradle-christening.com/st236.html
http://www.shepherdscradle-christening.com/pt44gs.html
http://www.onesmallchild.com/
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3024165?refsid=253203&refcat=0~2376776~2374327~6005464~6005519&SourceID=&SlotID=2&origin=related
Let me know when the blessing will be and we will try and make it up. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment