March 3, 2009

Sunday Drive





On Sunday Casey was feeling a little naughty and didn't feel like going to church. Can't say I blame the guy he lives the church life everyday! So we after church, which we ended up going to, we decided to go for a drive.

We always tend to drive up to those fancy and ridiculously expensive homes. You know the type, the type when you drive by you ask yourself "what do they do for a living to be able to afford that?"

So as we were driving I asked Casey if he thinks those people go for drives as well on Sunday afternoons. And when they do, do you think they say "Oh Honey let's go for a drive in the modest little homes." And I wonder if they ask themselves "I wonder what they do for a living?" Just some food for thought.





When we got home we went outside seeing as how it was above 12 degrees for once. Olivia wasn't sure of about those "prickly green things" coming out of the ground, but enjoyed herself nonetheless.

We also were asked to speak for a minute in Primary about our special little family and how we are different than most families. How do you explain that to a 4 year old I ask you? It was a really cute idea and Sister Kelly did a great job. But Casey and I both took turns explaining that we waited a really long time to become a family and that Olivia came to use different than most babies do. We said that I didn't grow a funny belly and that Heavenly Father had a different plan for us. That there was another mommy who had the baby and decided that she would give her to us so that we could be a family.

Afterwords when we walking home from church I realized that it probably sounded to the kids like this other mommy didn't want her any more and she gave her to those Twitty's. I can only imagine the primary kids going home frightened that if they weren't good there mommy's and daddy's were going to drop them off at our house. Good times and laughter as always! Ah the joys of adoption!!!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Those photos are ADORABLE! She looks so happy. And so do the 2 of you. Hooray!
Aimee

TheShippenFamily said...

I bet all the kids went home and thought of ways to be naughty so they could go live at the Twitty home. Don't you know you guys have the FUN house, and maybe if they are really good you will share your gushers with them!!

nancy said...

I think any kid would love to live with you. They may be bad so they can go live with you.
I miss you guys its been far far to long. Next weekend we will get to see you :)

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

I love this warm weather! I hate the cold! You seriously have talent! I love all of your pics!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Olivia get's the award of best dressed baby... along with her mommy and daddy! You guys are adorable!