January 25, 2009

Becca's 10 Year Tribute







10 Years ago was a day I will never forget! It was the saddest day of my life and yet I have grown so much from it. We lost one of the most beautiful people here on this earth. Becca was a gorgeous person inside and out. She truly was a friend to everyone. She was the type of person that made you want to be better, because she lived that way as well. She had the greatest laugh, it was contagious!! You could always count on having a great time with her, from going to Wendy's during seminary, to spring breaks at Lake Mead! She was an amazing college roommate, always keeping us girls on our toes.

When I think of Becca I think of her amazing way of always being there for those around you, how she was a hopeless romantic, her long Ballerina legs, always wondering what color her hair was going to be that day, her horrible driving skills, how jealous we all were of her abs, her strong testimony of our Heavenly Father, and the list goes on and on. I can't wait to tell my little girl about my best friend Becca and what an amazing person she was.

I learned a lot about losing Becca. First that I truly haven't lost her, I will see her again and she has comforted me in times of need. She is the first person I think of when I do something stupid, and I now she is just shaking her head at me. I was angry for a very long time after she was gone, but now I truly know that she was needed elsewhere to do more important work. Yes I wonder what she would be doing right now in her life. Our friends lives are all different, different places different stages! Yet she got the better end of the deal, she is in peace. We love you Becca and you will never be forgotten!!!

2 comments:

emily said...

Amy, Your blog is so sweet and your pictures turned out great. I have been checking your blog to see if you would post them so I could steal some! Will you email me some that are original format? I have been wanting to blog about this too, but feel that I have been at a loss of words on what to say. It was a special day and you wrote something so sweet. Glad you were there. I felt the angry feelings at times too - just glad we can learn from it and grow. Love ya!

Tina said...

Thanks Amy for your post and for coming to the cemetary, it was so good to see you. I'm so glad Emily thought about and organized the get together it was very healing for me to be with everyone and for us to all share a little of Becca. I miss her terribly and it was just good to hear that everyone else still does too. Love you