BEWARE OF THE EXTREMLY LONG POST
BUT SINCE THIS IS MY JOURNAL I MUST SO I DON’T
FORGET ANY MEMEMORIES
On my birthday we had planned to drive down to St George, no biggy Birthdays aren't that exciting anymore right???? Unless you are married to my hubby. Of course he had a few tricks up his sleeve, which I should have seen coming. First of all
* I got to sleep in!!!! Yea he got up with Olivia and gave her breakfast, bathed her, which is really no big surprise because he is always willing to help but on this day it meant so much.
And then what I thought would just be an uneventful drive to St George is where I went wrong. Casey is so creative and nothing is boring when he is around. He had planned out a game/embarrassing afternoon for me and our drive. Our drive to St George will never be the same or like this one. So here is what he did, he had taken my scrapbook paper and creatively written a cute note for each city we would approach. Oh who cares I will just type them out for the ease of remembering them one day (since I count this as my journal)
We went to Paradise Bakery for lunch and this is how it all began, at the end of our lunch he ran out to the car and came back with a "KNEE" socks and a fruit "PIE" along with a note that said....
#1 Today we will be going on an adventure I will be giving you some clues throughout. You will be given some tasks to complete. Good Luck and Happy Birthday!
#1
Here is your first clue
- You must guess the next
- destination with the clue you are given
(Knee socks and fruit pie)
Destination – Get it???
“KNEE PIE” or “NEPHI”
- Before we embark, you need to chose a box
- below and perform the task in that number
1 2 3
I chose box #2 since it’s my favorite number.
So what was the task drum roll please………
Casey proceeded to stand up and yell to the entire restaurant which no lie was about 150 people and yell
“IT’S MY WIFE’S BIRTHDAY CAN WE ALL SING TO HER”
I felt like I was in that scene in My Best Friends Wedding where they sing that ridiculous song in the crab house.
So off to “NEPHI” we went and on to task #2
#2
Here is your second clue
- SIP on this, but don’t drink to much or else you will PEE, OH no
Destination - SCIPIO
- Before we embark you need to chose another box below and perform the task
1 2 3
Again I chose #2
My task…….
Go into the Burger King and arm wrestle yes I said arm wrestle one of the employees.
WHY ME!!!!
So of course I do it and walk into Burger King go the stranger at the counter and proceed to tell him that we must arm wrestle. Of course this kid looks at me like I’ve lost it. I tell him “don’t go easy on me because I am a girl” so we stretch and listen to the Rocky theme song and begin. I held him strong for a couple of seconds and then he took me down! We left with our head up high and as we were walking out you could hear the kid say to his co workers “I just arm wrestled that girl”. It was hilarious.
SCIPIO here we come!!
#3
Welcome to SCIPIO or “SIP PEE OH”
Here is your third clue (gift certificate to get my nails “filled”
Destination - Get it “FILL MORE”
- take this envelop and open it
- you need to do this with your nails
- Before we embark, you need to chose another box and perform the task
1 2 3
Why ruin a good thing so I chose box #2 again.
Casey then proceeded to drive through Scipio and find the most decent home (thank you babe) and stop in front of it. He then told me that I had to walk up to the front door and give the homeowners a compliment on their home. WHAT!!!
They are going to think I am CRAZY!
We had to drive up to the back door because the front door wasn’t plowed yet of the 12” of snow yet. WOW what have I gotten myself into. So I walk up to the door and as I am knocking this 84 year old man is opening the door and says
“Well Hello How Are You? COME ON IN”
Um sir, I am a stranger, his mother must not have taught him Stranger DANGER!! That or else everyone in Scipio is so friendly and welcome that we are all family. Anyways I proceed to complete my task and tell him that we were just driving through and I wanted to tell him how adorable his house was.
It really was, see the picture above.
He then tells me that his great grandfather built the home and he has lived there for 45 years. Holy crap this is great! We chatted for a bit and I felt like my sister-in-law Mel who can make friends with anyone anywhere!
So I now have a new friend in Scipio.
#4
Welcome to “FILL MORE”
Here is your fourth clue (new hat, gloves, and scarf)
- These items will keep you warm
- There is an animal that keeps itself warm too
Destination - BEAVER
- Before we embark, you need to choose another box.
You know the drill
1 2 3
Again I chose #2
My task, put on the hat, gloves, and scarfs go into the Chevron and yell out loud
“WELL…. OFF TO BEAVER”
See the picture above for the proof.
I did and as I was leaving I waved my hand like I was a pageant queen. At this point I have embarrassed myself enough why not!
#5
Welcome to an animal with fur
Here is your fifth clue
- This picture is made out of what wood (it was a cute picture frame made out of ….. cedar
Destination - CEDAR CITY
- Before we embark box time
1 2 3
Hello really, are you thinking I will change at this point?
Due to the fact that we had stopped at pretty much every city along the 3 hour drive, we had now been on the road for way to long so we didn’t stop in Cedar City to complete my task so Casey made me make ridiculous faces to 5 cars that we passed.
Thanks Babe for a great and adventurous drive,
it was one we will surely never forget for many reasons right babe?
(ha ha… wink wink)
6 comments:
Oh that's just priceless. Casey, you're awesome.
That soundslike so much fun! Kudos to Casey for planning it.
That is so funny!! AND you are such a good sport for doing all of those tasks! You guys have so much fun together..what a great couple!
Haha! You guys crack me up! How hilarious!!!
Casey is so fun to be so creative for you! I love that you would do them all too!! Happy Bday!!
so great...what a cute hubby...happy birthday!
Post a Comment