December 2, 2012

Christmas Advent

 
I love Christmas time. I love to pack as much in as I possibly can in the month so that by the time January rolls around I am sure to get sick from exhaustion.
(Thus the reason why January always seems to boring). 
 
Here is our Christmas to do list. 
Feel free to copy and do what your family likes to do or start some new traditions. 
 

Neighborhood drive to see Christmas lights

Hot chocolate for dinner & gingerbread cookies

Dinner by candlelight

Watch a movie with popcorn & twinkle lights

Collect food for food bank

Make snowflakes

Have a dance party with Christmas music

Make a snow globe

Call random number and sing a Christmas carols

Kiss under mistletoe

Deliver a secret gift to someone in need

Visit Temple Square

Go see live reindeer at Thanksgiving Point

Write a letter to Santa

Make salt dough hand ornaments

Christmas Bingo

Go see a live Nativity

Visit Gardner Village

Read the scriptures about the birth of the Savior

Make sugar cookies

Have a dinner picnic in the car & watch lights

Get a picture with Santa

Wrap some presents as a family

Make a Christmas photo background & take pics

Make a Christmas countdown

Also here is our advent calendar and how I am displaying our lists.  
I just took some scraps of wood I had, colored them all different colors.
Added some clothespins and stuffed paper sacks with our activities. 
 
 



1 comment:

Jill said...

You should look at my blog!!! I finally figured out my password! ~Kate (a.k.a. your favorite niece)