First you need. A image. (I googled deer heads and found one I liked). Modge Podge or glue. Canvas or scrap piece of wood, Glitter, paint, and brush. I am talked easy peasy with this. Seriously we did this in a matter of 30 mins.
First if needed sand your wood down on the edges.
Paint your board or canvas the color of your choice. And yes I let her do this. My motherhood motto is, how will you ever expect them to learn unless you let them try. (that includes painting)
Cut our your deer stencil. I started at the bottom and cut around. Keep in mind that you are using the interior of the deer head as your stencil so try and keep it pretty clean and cut as precise as you want. Then tape the bottom of your first cut, making it one piece again.
Then use modge podge or glue, putting enough in the center that you think the glitter will stick.
I also taped down parts of my deer to make sure it didn't move around.
I added a bowtie to mine to give it a little extra something something.








3 comments:
I normally don't like the deer head look-but I love the addition of the bow. I might just have a crush on him now!
LOVE it :)! So adorable and fun!
so fab--always up to something amazing
Post a Comment