We are simple folks when it comes to birthday and anniversary's.
And it seems the past couple years Casey has been away on business on our anniversary.
Which again happened this year, no biggy, we can always celebrate.
However my hubby had a few tricks up his sleeve this year.
He was going to Florida for 2 weeks for work and decided to surprise me and get me a ticket to come see him for the weekend, sweetest right?
But with a few set backs I almost didn't make it.
Then another surprise came when my generous
Brother Jon and SIL Brit did an amazing thing
and gave me their sky miles so I could go see him.
Honestly one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done.
Plus they were watching Liv with my mom. I have the best fam!
So literally after not going, to going, and jumping in the car minutes before
the flight was taking off. I was on my way for a much needed getaway.
The first night I got there we went out to eat in Downtown Miami with some of Casey's co-workers.
I love the city! I get giddy with all the hustle and bustle. It was so fun to see the night life.
We drove down to South Beach and of course the highlight (not really) was seeing the DASH store.
I know I admit it I was the Kardashians.
Let's just say I could get used to traveling on business!
You eat really really well!!
I'm pretty sure I put on a few lbs!
The next morning we drove down to the Keys.
We didn't make it all the way because we stopped in Key Largo to go snorkeling.
Something I swore I would never do. I told Casey
"I would rather be skydiving right now than snorkeling"
But I told myself when do I get the chance to do this again. It's not like you can snorkel in Utah Lake.
People keep asking why didn't you want to do it. Fear of Water, Sharks??
No honestly it's the breathing underwater! Silly I know.
This is the girl who hates having water splash on her face in the shower.
But he really wanted to do it and I knew once I did it I would have fun. Face your fears!
And we did we had a blast!
On Sunday we went to "Brunch" which means in business a 4 hour lunch meeting.
It was fun don't get me wrong but I wanted the beach baby!
So we pulled up and stepped out long enough to take these pics and a then the rainstorm came!
So we drove along the coast and looked at the ridiculously large homes.
Insane how some people live.
My last day Casey had to head back to work.
So I headed to the beach.
All brave and only got lost once!
Plus it's like the airport good people watching!
All in all I had so much fun, so fun to spend time alone for more than 24 hours with your hubs.
Love you babe and thanks for a great weekend.












1 comment:
Awww. SO glad you got to go! It looks like you had a great time. You two sure know how to laugh and have fun - one of the things I love most about you!
Post a Comment