August 7, 2012

13 Years Babe!

13 years!  Wowza. 
Best day of Forever. I still don't think our family has forgiven us from our 6:20 sealing. Yes I said 6:20 in the am. Looking back it was nice to be the first bride of the day and it was quiet, obviously, I think they had 80 weddings that day. I visited the temple the other day with Olivia and she said "Mommy this places makes my body tickle" I think I know what she means.  I reminded her that she has been in that building when she was sealed to mommy and daddy. If time could pause on the face she made as I told her this, she was loving that thought. 


I love more than anything that I know we truly have a good time together.
 Always have, always will.  We will be the crazy old couple dancing down the street.


The day Olivia was sealed to us and her blessing day. 
Awesome day and can't wait to do it again someday with our other little ones.


First day we became parents.  Do we look scared???  No, we'll we were. But when you know it's right and your Heavenly Father had a part in this craziness you can't deny it that this is your little girl. 




Even when I say that out loud it feels like we are ancient and got married when we where 6 and it was an arranged marriage.  Even though our some of the details or our lives may not have panned out as planned, we don't have 4 kids like everyone else in Utah County who is our age, we may not have the ridiculously large home on the hillside, we haven't checked off all our buck list items. I wouldn't have changed anything.  Honestly it is US, is has made US, it will continue to make US stronger.  And don't you dare get me wrong our life has been full of giggles and good times.  I love the fact that we are two easy going peeps,

1. How many seconds it took for me to realize how hot you were from the moment you walked in the conference room at UVU. (even though you denied me shortly thereafter)
2. Number of dates we went on before we never dated anyone else. 
3. Seconds it takes you to make me laugh when you do something so ridiculously stupid it's funny. (Like your arm flap you do)
4. Number of times I think I have seen you cry.  Tough cookie you are!
5. Times a day you just shake you head in embarrassment of something I have just said or done.  "Amyisems"
6. How many cars we have owned over the years. Many we will have a mini van down the road? 
7. Times a day I think to myself how lucky I am. 
8. Number of places we have lived over the years.  We have gotten really good at moving!
9. Times you have driven through a fast food drive through an done something so damn funny I thought for sure we were going to get arrested. Need I remind you of the salad tongs??
10. How many years we waited to be parents!  I see a lot of couples go through many hard things, those were 10 long years but I wouldn't have wanted to learn and grow with anyone else.
11.  Number of times we have stayed in Park City for our anniversary (I may be off but it's probably close)
12. Years that we have grown together as friends, companions,  & parents.
13. Thirteen Great years full of laughter and love. 

I know this is a lot of cheese for one post, it's like a hallmark card. But heavens it is our anniversary. It's bound to be cheesy!
Many other things that don't match up to numbers.....
- How many times you make me laugh like no one else, especially when you know I need it most.
- Number of times I have made you wait outside while I quickly ran into a fabric store to buy fabric that I didn't really need.
- Times we have picnics a year. We are cheap dates.  
- How many times we go for evening rides to chill and wind down the day. Not to mention that you always take the same route! One of these days you are going to get crazy and turn left.




At our 9 year anniversary!  At Thanksgiving Point where we had our reception. 


4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys. I remember that sealing so well. It WAS the crack of dawn! :) And that picture of the day Olivia made you parents still reminds me how I teared up at the news. You guys are great and I hope there are many more years (and kids!) to come! Love ya! Ash

allegra said...

You guys are such a beautiful little family. I loved this post. I can imagine how hard it must have been to wait so long to expand your family. What a beautiful daughter you have--she makes me smile! Happy Anniversary!

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Happy anniversary! I'll be honest this post made me tear up a bit! What is this?!? I have clearly been hanging around you too much lately. So many good memories you guys have together... not to mention the memories of this gosh darn anniversary trip! You will have to blog about the crazy adventure... one day you will look back at it and just laugh! Then there's Olivia... she is YOUR daughter... she is just like you Amy! I know you guys are going to have sooo many more crazy, funny and wild memories and (cross my fingers) a few more crazy kiddos... Olivia keeps talking about twins... maybe she's onto something! :-) Love you!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Happy anniversary! You two are so stinkin' cute!!