May 4, 2012

Tee pee Tutorial!

Tee - Pee

Who doesn't want something to entertain your child for hours? 
I love being a mom and playing, however I love to watch.
Watch is the key word here, not do a dang thing.

So if you want a easy afternoon DIY this is your lucky day!



Follow Me on Pinterest

Head to your local home improvement store and get the following
2 - 1" x 2" x 96" moldings
1" - 3/4" x 48" dowel

You will need to cut your two 8' boards in half. Making them 4' long.
So you will have 4, 4' long pieces

Line up your boards and make a center mark 6" down.
Using a  3/4 spade bit (shown on the right hand picture below)
Drill a hole in each one. 
After your done lay them on top of each other to make sure your holes lines up.




After you have drilled your holes.
I chose to paint my posts and dowel a fun coral color.



Materials needed for the tent cover:
Sheet  or fabric 44" x 84"
Scissors
Elastic
Thread

Now for your tent, rummage through your old sheets and grab one.
My sheet needed to be trimmed down.  
Hem the perimeter of the rectangular fabric using a straight stitch with a 1/2'' hem.
Desired size of the cover is 44'' x 84''.

Cut 4 strips of elastic 5" long
I used 1" elastic


Fold your elastic and either hand stitch or sew on your elastic to the corners of your fabric/sheet.


There you go champ!  You did it. 
If you are not able to do this, or would rather have me make it for you, email me at twitamy@gmail.com and I will make it for you! 



5 comments:

Bridget said...

I love this. I was just telling my husband that I wanted to make something like this but the only power tool I know how to use is my glue gun... if that counts ;). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will have more of all the tutorials later. I was given 2 days notice to do all of that stuff and didn't have time to edit pictures and blog about them. Ps LOVE your photography. Where are you located?

Amber said...

Yes please!!! I just love it!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Consider yourself pinned! :)

Anonymous said...

awesome!! you're so stinkin creative :)

Sarah Jane said...

I totally love this idea! I saw it on Studio 5 and had to come check out the rest of your blog! Its great! I posted a link to your blog from mine. Thanks for the fun idea! Love it!

www.sjscrafts.blogspot.com