May 19, 2012

Just Be

I was thinking the other day and this thought popped up!


What this means to me is that we often times find ourselves feeling unmeasurable, inadequate, unsure of what we think our expectations are, or lack of talent. I'm am guilty of this. The silly petty comparisons that "what's her face" seems to have it all. All put together. All situated. All everything yada yada yada! This does us no good. I know that we all have talents, skills, gifts. We do. We have to believe in ourselves.

We have to know that some are visual talents, others are hidden gifts that others may not be aware of. The point is we are what we want, with what we have been given. If we all were to ask a friend what our talents are, I promise you a friend could name something. What a compliment that is when our friends see something within ourselves that we may not. I think it's important that we share the positive things we see in those around us, so they now how important they are.

With this statement I don't believe that means we don't reach and try for new skills. But knowing that failing is going to happen every now and then. I believe failing is not failing. It's learning that we tried, and may not have exceeded like we wanted or expected but the point is WE TRIED! I want to teach my daughter that trying is not failing. And that she won't be the best at everything and that's ok. How boring would life be if we all were the best at everything. BORING!!!!

I have personally made a challenge for myself to be more aware of friends around me, or even strangers who need a pick me up. Simple things. This is something I have been guilty of, not really being aware of my friends needs, not listening to those instincts that tell me "she needs someone" I challenge us all to be happy with what we have been given. Make that enough to make your life happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your very last scentence- Make that enough to make your life happy! All so well said!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love this! So true! I love what you said about how failing isn't failing as long as we learn something from it. Love it!