April 1, 2012

Olivia turns 4!!!!

I can't believe Olivia turned 4. Holy Smokes where does the time go?  I know everyone warns you of that but she's not my baby anymore, she a little girl.  I was joking that when she turns 5 it's going to feel like 30.  Let's be grateful that she is 4 and enjoy this time. I am looking forward to this coming year and the funny moments that are a guarantee with this little one around. 

She wanted a "Baking Party" this year. 
It may have been influenced by her sweet tooth that her and I have. 
She wanted to make sure that everyone she knew, or perfect strangers at the park knew that they were invited. We decided to cap it out with many 3 year olds.  This was a first for me. But it was so much fun.



We served cupcakes, lemon tarts, donuts, chips, chicken sandwiches, and lemonade. 
So pretty much I tripled the sugar intake for each child and sent them on their merry way home!!!



For the take home gift, I made those treat bags and filled them with a cupcake mix and instructions so they can go home and have some special baking time with their families. 


I printed off some of my favorite pictures of Olivia during the age of 3 and placed them on my picture  board.  We set up a bakery stand where the kiddos could set up cupcake liners, weight their cookies after being overloaded with frosting.


They decorated their cookies and mini cakes and surprisingly did a really good job not ruining their clothes (sorry mom's if they made a mess)









I know for certain she was the most excited about having all her friends with her!!





The only other thing she wanted was a "Kinata" aka pinata. She refuses to call it a pinata.
Don't laugh at my pinata. Ok you can, it's pathetic but it's been a good 28 years since I helped my mom do one for my 4th birthday party.   

We had to hit the kinata with a rolling pin of course!!








She got a swimsuit from Larkyn and immediately had to run upstairs to put it on. She wore it the rest of the party.  Go for it sista, rock a swimsuit and be the only one in the room wearing one, while you can!!!  I hope she always has the confidence to do so regardless. 













My amazing sister Jill whipped up magically like she always does a fun game of "Olivia Bingo".
The kids had fun.



Happy Birthday Olivia we love you so much!!!! 
We are grateful for you everyday that you came into our lives. 



2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh my gosh! You are A-MAZE-ING! What a party!! Can't believe Miss O is 4! I remember the first time you brought her to my house to show her to me...and it seems like maybe 1 year ago. It's amazing how fast life is passing by. Soak up every second you can with that beautiful little peanut! She's such a doll!

Anonymous said...

I know Lindsay, she knows how to throw a part-Tay!! I wish I was four again and could have a party like that! How fun.