March 14, 2012

Grass Baskets


Well it's time to start them in time for Easter or Spring time. 
 I love this cheap but fun idea. Plus is gives something for the little ones to look forward to.
Ok I'm not going to lie, I even find myself peeking in the room to see it grow. 

Here's what you do....
find a favorite pot, bowl, whatever you think you would like. Big or small any size works!
get potting soil, and seeds. I found my grass seeds at Wally World for 6.24 but it is enough seed to last me 72 years. 
fill your pot full of soil
leave about enough space for 1 inch to 1/2 inch from the top
place the seed cover the entire area so you don't see any soil
put a tiny bit of soil to cover up the seed
water a little bit and
sit and wait
and wait
and
wait

Olivia has already walked in the room 4 times today and said "Mommy it's not working"
patience little one, patience

Side note...I like to use a spray bottle to water these in the beginning, then the seeds don't seem to spread as bad.
And Wala! You should see little green grass within about a week. 







10 comments:

Lindsi Jo said...

I SO love this idea! I am seriously the worse mom when it comes to holiday decorating! I want to do better & make it more fun for my kids. I just might go try this one & Brooklyn would LOVE it!

You always do the cutest crafts with Olivia... Such a good mom!

Marcismullings said...

Fabulous! Thanks for the idea - and plus, we can then transplant them to cover all the Vohl-holes! :) Just kiddin - don't you miss it?

Plus thanks for the itemized pics - since I'm a dope and wouldn't know what to look for. Seriously - it helps!

Marci

Amy said...

We are totally copying this...Lincoln will Love it! What a FUN Mom! Thanks for sharing!

mommy2luke2008 said...

Love this! I love that you put it in a bucket too! So doing this with my son! Can ask, what are the eggs in the grass and where did you get them...they go so great with this! Thanks so much for sharing, I featured this on my friday favorites!
http://www.lilbitofus.com/2011/03/friday-favorites_11.html

Bec@littlelucylu said...

Very cute! I do this with my kindergartners every year ... they love it! (And yes, patience is tough sometimes!:-)
Visiting from Tip Junkie :-)

RedTedArt said...

Featured these on Easter Get Crafty today :-)))))

http://www.redtedart.com/2011/04/01/easter-get-crafty/

Maggy

Elle Belles Bows said...

Hello! Saw you over at Red Ted. Just adore this idea! So fresh and pretty!

Kerri

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love it! So cute!! I'm totally pinning it!

allegra said...

This is sooo darling! I love it!! You have the cutest little girl I have ever seen! She is so precious!

Sharstin said...

So cute:) we need to start ours ASAP!