I'm not a believer in that you can only use Christmas lights only during December (in a tactful way). You can always find some place in your home to add a little light and why not use jars? I purchased the jars from Walmart (you can get a case of 12 for $9). I painted them blue using the water/floor polish technique. You can find the holders at any antique store or even use your own canning container. Adding lights to the inside, just gives a little light to illuminate your home in the right amount.
Here is the technique I used to get the blue hint to them.
Use Pledge floor polish, water, and food coloring.
For each jar you will probably use a couple tablespoons of water and floor polish (equal parts) and a couple drops of food coloring.
You simply paint the mixture on the jars and let them dry.
I liked to do them a little darker so I did about 3 coats to get them this color.
It will come off eventually so I don't recommend you use them for crafts that will need to be put in the dishwasher for cleaning. However if you did, you can always add some more coats afterwards!!
Enjoy simply and cheap!
I love this because you can usually find the vintage jars at antique stores for around $18 and aren't we happy when we save some cash to use for diet cokes??



No comments:
Post a Comment