I had the awesome experience being asked to go on Studio 5 today!!!
When I got the phone call, to be honest I was freaking out. Both with excitement and with absolute fear!!
What in the world.
So then I was asked to come up with 5 crafts with PINE CONES.
Pine cones are a challenge I tell ya, but I always love a good challenge.
So here is what I came up with I hope you enjoy them.
Let me know if you have any questions.
MINI TREE
I thought it would be fun to have something to spice up my table,
or I even think this would be fun to put in a kids bedroom for a fun tree.
We hiked up the canyon and borrowed some dead tree branches, spray painted them and put them in a vase.
Then I took pine cones, hot glued the ornament hooks on them, spray painted them and ta-da!
I love chandelier's or cheap ones better yet!
I purchased a 6" Styrofoam ball and started hot gluing pine cones.
I little tip is to cover the ball with scrap fabric before so open spaces won't show.
I placed it in a old vase while I added the pine cones.
During the process it reminded us of Olivia's hair so I had to draw a happy face on it.
We have to include the little ones in something right?
So I thought a pine cone version of the snow globe would be fun.
Hot glue, or just tacky glue a pine cone to a mason jar, add some fake Walmart snow and there ya have it.
I took an old paper plate from last years decorations and cut it out for a lid topper.
I love windows and doors. And if you have ever been my house you know this is true.
So I wanted to add something to this old window to spice it up.
Plus I will add Liv's stocking to this and there ya go, my version of a fireplace mantel.
If you are not a fan of actual pine cones but like the look, here's the craft for you.
You will need:
Styrofoam egg, Ribbon 7/8", scissors, pins and a good tv show to sit and watch.
Start by cutting about 60-70 pieces of ribbon.
Each piece will be approx 1 3/4".
The key is to make sure that when you fold the two pieces it makes to triangles.
(you won't pin it like I have done, I just did that to show you for the picture)
Then you will take one of your piece and pin it to the tip of the egg.
Since that part wouldn't be able to be covered.
Then start pinning. You will start by added 4, for the first row.
THE KEY TO THIS PROJECT IS TO PLACE THE RIBBON BETWEEN THE TWO RIBBONS PLACE ON THE PREVIOUS ROW!
Rows 2-4 will be just placing them the best you can. Since it's a egg shape, you kind of have to do your best but don't worry, They will be covered up by the rows that follow.














7 comments:
You are freaking amazing...
You did great on the show today! Awesome ideas!!
awesome. amazing. amy.
i can't believe i didn't know you were on tv today!! i hope i can watch it online, i'm gonna search RIGHT NOW!
i just watched it!! you did awesome!! great ideas :)
Great job on Studio 5 today -lots of fun ideas!
I LOVED the lace shirt you were wearing under your jacket - can you PLEASE tell me where you bought it?
Cute stuff! Wish I had seen it, but I'm not allowed to watch that channel. haha! ;)
Loved your segment on Studio 5 - also LOVED your outfit - where do you shop?
Post a Comment