June 28, 2011

Open for business

Olivia's first Lemonade Stand was officaly open for business yesterday! 
She was so excited! As a mother you know how you can't mention things until about 2.4 seconds before it actually happens.  So when we were loading the stand out to the front sidewalk she was stoked!! 
The purpose of this was not only to have fun but to also show her the concept of money.
You see she has her eye on a bike at Wally World and begs us for it all 412 times we go there in a week.
So we wanted to teach her that some things you have to work for.
She was loving it.
She kept saying "ah thanks mommy"
Which makes it all worth it.  
Then shortly after we set it all up she says 
"ok, Thanks mommy I can do this, you can go"  
We had a crowd from the moment we started.
Thanks to amazing family and friends, some of which drove 20 minutes for a simple glass and cupcake!
(it may have had to do with the threatening messages I sent them and the facebook post)
But regardless they are amazing, so shout out to the family and friends, you rock!






Best of friends!!!
She made a whopping $31 towards her Barbie bike!!!  



We got super crazy and started waiving down cars, making them feel extremely guilty for not stopping!!





To make the banner around the lemonade I simply cut small triangles out of the remaining scrap paper (2 wide) and then used my sewing elastic and a simple needle and threaded the triangles until I had a long enough string to fit around the dispenser. Super duper easy!!


As far as the pom poms at the top of the stand. I used plain white tissue paper.
Unfold the stack but leaving all 10 or so pieces laying on top of each other.
Then you fold all 10 together in an accordion style.
Next use a piece of wire or string and tie a knot in the center. 
After that you simply pull and grab each piece individually gently pulling towards the center string. 
After doing this to all sides you will see your ball come together!
Again super duper easy and don't fall the trick of buying the package at Walmart for $10. 


Yea you betcha she's in her pajamas as we put the stand together!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! Everything you touch turns to amazing!! Sorry we didn't come! I suck, I know. Looks like it was a success, 31 bucks IS 31 bucks!!

Robyn said...

How freaking cute are you!! Adorable!

Sharstin said...

so...this is the cutest thing ever~ how fun for lil Olivia:)

Lauren said...

Way too cute! Your presentation is amazing!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

I absolutely LOVE this... amazing job mama! I saw some traffic come here from your blog a minute or so ago..so i thought i would stop over. I will be sharing this project of yours.. my sophia would love this. I'm definitely adding this to our must do list. :) how fun!

The D-Fam said...

I just came across your blog, and I LOVE IT. It has SUCH an awesome feeling to it, awesome pictures, fabulous ideas! Great job! <3 your fellow blogger: "Bows Curls Blueberries & Pearls" (http://090404.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

I love that I made a cameo on your blog! Olivia did a great job workin' that lemonade stand... but let's remember who got her out on that street waving those chubby fingers of hers!! I think I brought in the last $15... Olivia owes me atleast 3%! Love you girls! Thanks for letting me apart of the best lemonade stand ever! xoxox