This year was a hoot for Mothers Day.
I had to work on Saturday at the Salon and thought ok it will be like any other Saturday night,
just Liv and I chillin with Justin Beiber. (ok I haven't taken it that far yet)
When what did my wondering eyes see, as I was closing up for the day.
My little squirt was trying to open the doors.
I even said out loud "hey that's my daughter, what the hey"
And out pops Casey and Liv with a card.
Then Liv bursts out "Pack your bags Mom"
Say Whaaaat?
They had surprised me with a weekend away to Park City.
Heck yes!
I was stoked, I never get surprises like this.
So we headed up to good ole Park City, the home of many a memories.
First we ate at our favorite restaurant up there, Loco Lizard. They have Flouatas to die for!
And about every 4.2 seconds Liv would ask if it was time to go swimming yet.
Sheesh lady, what its not like it hasn't rained here for the past 256 days!
I wasn't about to get into a swimsuit, but suckered into the peer pressures
and jumped my way into that bad boy swimsuit.
The next morning we went to Kneaders for their Mothers day breakfast
and lets just say, I'm still drooling over the saucy sauce they put on their french toast.
It rained the entire day and we had the whole day to kill, so we drove around to our favorite spots.
And landed upon this orchard which I love. I want one in my backyard one day.
DaDaDa!!! The dreaded Mothers Day!
For obvious reasons I have hated Mothers Day in the past.
Now I'm told I should love it since I'm a mommy!
Not so much, but I can't pin point it why I despise this day?
Is it because as much as I hate to admit that I fall into the pressures
of feeling like I have to be Mother of the Year
I also don't give a damn either? Because all that matters is that I am doing the best I can.
I sway back and forth all the time.
Anyone else do that?
But regardless I am amazed that every new day, I'm still her mom.
She still loves me even when I get mad.
She still loves me even thought I'm not perfect.
She still loves me even though I'm crazy.
She still loves me, and I love her more and more every day even when I didn't think it was possible.
(does it sound like a Hallmark card yet?)
Thanks Olivia for allowing me to be your mommy.
Plus your the ONLY person that can call me MOMMY and that's pretty cool!
Thanks babe for a great weekend. Love ya
But regardless I am amazed that every new day, I'm still her mom.
She still loves me even when I get mad.
She still loves me even thought I'm not perfect.
She still loves me even though I'm crazy.
She still loves me, and I love her more and more every day even when I didn't think it was possible.
(does it sound like a Hallmark card yet?)
Thanks Olivia for allowing me to be your mommy.
Plus your the ONLY person that can call me MOMMY and that's pretty cool!
Thanks babe for a great weekend. Love ya
Sheep you ask?
Yes sheep.
We were stalling while waiting for a family party and drove out to the middle of No Mans Land.
And found a quaint little town, population 15 that includes the sheep!
And they were so focused on eating that I thought it would be funny to
roll down my window and make a BAAAAAAA noise, ya know like sheep!!
And whatdoya know!
All at the same time they looked up like HUH!
It was classic! Guess you had to be there!
I was a little nervous that the homeowner was going to come out with his shotgun and bust a cap!




7 comments:
So fun! Glad you got a weekend in PC. Now I have 3 questions/comments.
1. What salon do you work at?
2.I hate mothers day too, ah it feels good to finally admit it. Mothers Day and Tax Day thats what I hate.
3. When are you coming over!!:)
These Picts are so great girly. I am in love with this orchard:) and I am so with you on the mothers day biz, we are just doin our best everyday.
Thanks ladies. Melissa I'm just working at Elemetz Salon in Draper on the weekends. And yes I promise let's get together next week, this week ended up being CRAZY!!
I hear ya...I feel sort of guilty on Mother's Day. We should not be celebrating...unless it is because I made it another year!
Your pictures are amazing!! I've asked you this before and you haven't spilled your secrets... yet! Do you Photoshop them all?! I guess it helps that you're taking pics of one of the most cutest little girls in the world!! Looks like you had a wonderful mothers day! We need to remember that our best IS good enough :)
Love ya,
Julie
Sorry Julie, I didn't mean to leave you hanging!! I usually just increase the levels in my pictures and adjust the lighting if needed. But I have started messing with some photoshop actions. And I am hooked!!! And yes it helps when you taking pics of her, although she has fuzzy hair and goop on her shirt I love her!
Haha! I love you! This post made me smile...especially the sheep part. :)
Post a Comment