I picked up this fancy of a old chair, HEHEHE! Can you say HIDEOUS???? I mean really this thing I think came across the plains with my ancestors, but I love it and think it has good "bones" as fancy designers say!
But I need your help. Should I do a large stripe pattern or a floral print? And not like floral like old lady floral like a modern print, ya know!! Leave your input. I am dying to get started on this. In fact I have already take the fabric off and am itching because of all of the dust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
big obnoxious yellow and or gray flowers!!
Ok I'm probablly the worst person to even comment on fabric However I can't wait to see what you do!!!
Floral!!!!
Definitely floral, and be sure to post after pics. I picked up the ugliest chair EVER last summer and haven't had the nerve to attempt making it fabulous yet. Funny thing is, my mother in law thinks it's already fab.
Stripes, please stripes for Casey.
Floral is much more forgiving if this is your first upholstery job. Stripes are hard to keep straight... Not to mention that I think a fun modern floral would be fabulous! Curious, are you leaving the wood the way it is? If it works out, you may just have to come do my vintage chair in my front room :)
Floral, floral, floral.
Floral all the way. But use some fabric with big big flowers(I'd say bright yellow ones:). Oh and btw, I just landed on your blog and I gotta say.. you have such a pretty family and Olivia's hair is simply to die for! I am now following you thanks to Wandering Wednesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today, to learn a few very easy tricks to make your blog simply fabulous and have more fun with it. See you there!
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Okay- I was thinking stripes, because I'm partial to them... but then I read Lindsi's comment and she's RIGHT! Stripes are hard to keep straight, so on a first attempt, I think I'd go with something easier to work with. Good luck! I find your craftiness so inspiring. We are related, right? :)
Oooh La La. I can't wait to see it finished!! I think floral, maybe something with birds too. I LOVE this bedspread at Target that has birds and floral pattern. I WANT it!! :) Good luck!
I love it Amy... and Lindsi does bring up a good point about the stripes... even tho that fabric was sooo YOU at Ikea! Let me know what you decide & if we need to go on another hunt!
Stripes are really hard to keep straight. But if you really wanted to have a stripe, you could do the main part in floral and then have the stripe as the trim (piping, etc). It would be really cute cut on the bias so it's on a diagonal.
Post a Comment