As I was going through some boxes the other day I came across this old journal of mine. And like all my journals I did about 3 entries in a 5 year period of time, so there is little record of my childhood. But when I saw this I laughed, hard, for quiet some time. I love the 1-2-3 at the end: that was always code for "I Love You" in my family.
I love my family. I love my siblings. They are amazing. And that's stating it lightly. There aren't words to express my appreciation for my family and how much I love these guys.
But you know how when you're young, you consider your family the most embarrassing, annoying, individuals you can even comprehend. And then funny as it may be, the older you get, you realize they are the most amazing group of people you could ever surround yourselves with.
I don't know why I'm being all mushy and sentimental lately, but I guess the softer side has to rear it's gentle head every now and then. But I wanted to say just a FEW things about my brothers and sister. I could seriously go on for days but who has that kind of time ha ha!
I am lucky to have one sister. I say lucky because then I don't have the share her with anyone else. Jill you are amazing. Amazing at everything you do, its actually quite sickening. But she really is my best friend. She hasn't cared or complained once that all I seem to do is call her with my problems over the past couple of years and she just listens and that means the world to me. One of many things I love about you Jill is how willing you are to help out with anyone in need. We always joke that you never can say "no" to anyone, but that isn't always a bad thing. Once you are friends with Jill you are friends with her for life. She doesn't forget you and let time slip away. Not to mention that she laughs at everything I say, so that makes me want to hang out with her more. I love ya sis!!!
Jeffrey if you had to explain him in two words it would be "gentle giant". I like to think, actually I know that he is one tough guy who is big and intimidating but once you peel back a couple layers you can see what a softy he is and would do anything for anyone. He and I are very similar, I think we have always been labeled as the black sheep of the family, and Jon as well. And I kind of liked being the rebel of the fam. But overall I am always looking for his approval in whatever I do. He doesn't know that but what he thinks really matters to me, probably more than anyone other than Casey. If any girl ever wanted a older brother to be that stereotypical brother who protects her, Jeff is it!! (actually all my brother are like this). I love you Jeff!
Ry Ry Super guy! I always have considered Ryan has my protector. Maybe it's because he was my guardian angel when I had to have stitches in the 2nd grade and he was the one who took care of me. But I do. He was always the most vocal about loser boyfriends (not all but some) I would bring home. He would say "Amy, seriously you're going out with this guy" I secretly always was looking for his guidance in life. He is so smart and doesn't give himself nearly enough credit for that. Or for how dang funny he is!!! I love you bro, you really mean the world to me.
J-dawg! What else can I say other than I felt like I have literally had Jon by my side my entire life. It seems like every good memory I have, Jon was there! I have loved growing up with this guy. It's weird to have all these memories of this little boy, who quickly passed me in height at I think age 9, and is now a man! And an amazing man at that. I love seeing him cuddle with his two little boys. Jon has always doubted his strengths. He is one of the smartest people I know. Not to mention the funniest person I know. I ALWAYS know that Jon can make me laugh. I love you Jon, I am so lucky to call you my brother.
Yes my family may kill me for posting this picture......I couldn't help myself. And unless you were born yesterday you all have pictures like this. But wait just wait. We thought we were hip happening peeps wearing these clothes. Ok not really our Mom probably dressed us as we headed out to Olan Mills (all 80's Utah Residents will now what I'm talking about).
But I do love that my siblings truly are my best friends. Not many people can say that. I love that I know I can trust and count on them all at any time. I am also so lucky to have an AMAZING Brother-in-law, and three AMAZING Sister-in-laws!!
Jeff & Mel aren't in this picture.
They were probably smart and bailed before this picture and the screaming children took over.



4 comments:
1-2-3 this entry! And the picture of you and siblings "back in the day" is AWESOME!!
I don't know whether to cry because you're so sweet or because you posted that blasted picture! Holy cow! 80's hair was NOT as cool as we thought it was!
But seriously ... you are awesome! I know that all the boys would join me in saying that we're just as lucky to have you as a little sis! You are amazing, kind, funny, SUPER talented and a million other things! I am SO proud to call you my little sister! I love you more than you'll ever know! Thanks for a VERY fun week last week! I miss you and Liv like crazy already!
Love ya lots sis!
Jared tried to get a hold of Casey, but I guess you guys are already in St. George? If so, we will miss you guys so much at our annual Dock of the Bay Valentine dinner!!!! jaredandkeri@gmail.com
Keri
That was a really sweet post. I'm jeal.
Post a Comment