We've been dying to get O in a dance class of some sort and finally we did it. I have to admit I think I was more excited than she was. That was until I took her for the first time, and let's just say we have had many a 2 year old battles since then to convince her that her ballerina shoes don't need to be worn while she's in the shower. And the leotard doesn't count as pajama's.
She LOVES it!! I wasn't sure how she would react at first. As a mother you know you usually have one of two options. #1 things will run really smoothly and you will be relieved or #2 the dreaded worst reaction, out of character, response will come up and you will find yourself quickly finding distractions to avert the attention off of your screaming child and onto something/someone else.
When we got there the previous class hadn't finished yet, so we watched patiently through the glass window. It literally was like a kid in a candy store for her. She could hardly contain herself from barging in and start break dancing. As her face was pressed against the glass, I thought ok we are going to be fine.
It was finally her turn and yep you guessed it, she booked for the class and the little tulip cutouts that they have where the girls are supposed to stand on in class. (we will get to that topic in moment). Didn't look back. It wasn't like you imagine for all those years as a mother where you child runs for about 10 steps towards something she wants so badly, then wait, she realizes she has forgotten something so much more important. A KISS FROM HER MOTHER, and she puts her mother's happiness above her own.
Nope it doesn't happen that way. Not even close.
So she ran into the classes quickly to make a new friend and makes sure she knows that she has new dance shoes as well. As I mentioned they have these cute cutouts of shapes and flowers that the girls are supposed to stand on while they listen to the instructions from the teacher. Well let's just say, Olivia is just like her mother and doesn't listen very well. Especially when someone is trying to tell her do to something. After about the 5th time I think the teacher was getting a little frustrated that O continually would randomly run up to her and share some tid bit of information that had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH DANCE. I heard her once run up to Sue (the patient and adorable teacher) and say "look Mr Grinch is here with us" and then pointed to the air next to her. Speaking of Mr. Grinch he is now her new best friend and I think because of that friendship Harry Potter was kicked to the curb.
It was a great class though. They did all sorts of things with them. They tied ribbon onto sticks and let them be free. They tied little bells onto string that they would tie around their ankles to get them used to sounds their feet were making. It was adorable.



3 comments:
Cute, cute, CUTE! This makes me sooooooooo excited to have a little girl!!!
found your blog and became curious on your story with Olivia. She is so stinkin' cute and I dig her curls.
she like a krumping ballerina! that was way cute to watch her.
Post a Comment