January 20, 2011

Just Can't Win....

Today was for sure one of those days I found myself mumbling under my breath, or even out loud
"I give up, I just can't win"! 
Winning what?  
I don't know, parenthood I guess.
That's a lost cause I should now that. 
More like I can't win battles with a stubborn 2 year old. 
After literally sleepless nights with her daddy and within minutes of waking up she is screaming and you think, oh heaven help us all this is gonna be a LONG DAY! 

We are trying to take it battle by battle.
I get it, she's 2. 
But some day's I feel like I want to be 2 and scream and kick on the floor as well. 
She is dealing with a lot of changes, new environment, new everything it seems. 
We all are.  
It's hard, not gonna lie about it. 
But when she cries and says "I wanna go home, I just wanna go home" Momma breaks down to.
  


P.S. don't judge me for the no makeup, no shower look!
So we are taking it day by day.
Minute by minute, like all parents do.
I am doing what I do best and trying to stay busy.
Searching, praying, finding things to do.
Nothing exciting but when all it takes for me to calm down is a fresh diet coke and the occasional corn dog, (I wish I was kidding, see I am like a 2 year old).  
I have located the nearest diet coke pit stop and the "heart attack waiting to happen" diner for my necessities. 
Then my wonderful hubby puts me in check and says "really what's the most important thing right now?" 
Duh....that I have my diet coke. 
No seriously I know that the most important thing is the three of us. 
The 3 AMIGOS!   

So here's to a new year, new adventures, new challenges, and new memories (the good ones)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Amy! It gets better. I promise.

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Awe! I am sorry Amy... Things are going to get better for your little family... I know it is all going to work itself out and you will look back at your experiences now and laugh. But I do have to say that I miss ya! Today Larkyn wanted to walk to your house... it was cute, but sad at the same time. Oh and Ps... I shave my arms too! See we have way too much in common!

Tandy said...

Barry's is the best and one of our most missed joints! Life always feels better with a fresh Diet Coke and a drive. Hang in there!

Jill said...

I believe I was on the phone with you when you purchased that there heart attack on a stick, wasn't I? And don't apologize ... you do what you gotta do ... whether it's diet coke and corn dogs, no makeup days, etc. You're doing great and I love ya!

Crystal said...

Wait. I missed the part where you said that you moved to Spanish Fork! Did you? That Barry's looks very familiar! :) Sorry you are having a hard time adjusting, and poor O too! She is just darling and I am glad that you have her to keep you smiling!