November 5, 2010

Thankful #3 & #4

Oh boy this challenge of mine is really testing me. Sad but true. Don't get me wrong I know I have plenty to be thankful for, but it's funny how you put things into perspective when you take the time to really acknowledge them.  Well this challenge to find things of gratitude is testing me, making me really think. 
It's stupid I know. I'm even behind so it's time to play catch up!!

Give Thanks #3

I am thankful for the END OF THE DAY some days!! Those moments when somehow the crap of the day seems to be put to bed with everything else. 
When after just being literally peed on, while having one of those mom moments when you think "ok I can be a good mom, kind of.
Liv and I were reading books before bedtime and all of a sudden I feel a warm sensation on my back!! What the heck?  She's peeing, on the couch.
Keep in mind this is literally the 5th time today she has peed in random locations. 
WHEW!
This is the moment I'm thankful for, is when I go and sit by her in bed to try and get her to finally fall asleep and she is tickling my arms, full of random kisses, and talking to her Woody doll! 
At the end of the day, it's worth it. At the end of the day, I really am grateful for all the craziness, although I could do without the pee on my back.
At the end of the day I'm thankful for what I've tried to learn that day.
At the end of the day I'm thankful for being taught another lesson and having my patience tested once more, while failing miserably, I think tomorrow's another day. 

Give Thanks #4

I am also thankful today for this gorgeous fall weather we are having.
I continue to think everyday that I have months and months of cold crap ahead. It can be beautiful however.
But I was thankful today that I could go to the park today and be comfortable!
I'm loving it! 
It's making me realize how excited I am for St. George weather.
I have always loved the seasons and the transitions that come with them.
But I'm pretty sure I could get used to 75 degrees as well! 
So here's to another beautiful day. I think we're going to take a walk today.
Don't be fooled I walk to the gas station to get a Diet Coke.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Just want to say ... I love you! Thanks for being the greatest little sis ever and my best friend! Can't wait til we can go on walks together or go grab a coke together!