November 22, 2010

I'm back....

Ok it's been nice, a little less stressful.
But on the other hand I have short term memory loss.
If I don't do it then, right it down, right that minute, it's long gone!
So this post will be completely random, of things that have been going on, and continuing my "thankful list"

Since I'm feeling sad, relieved, confused,etc I am going to start by saying a few things I am thankful for in the hopes that it changes my attitude. 
Lately I am extremely thankful for SWEET SURPRISES.  
I'm talking the kind that completely catch you off guard when you see someone in a place you haven't seen them in over a year.  It was awesome!  I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It felt peacefully. It's been a long road and will always be, that's part of life.  But I love it when Heavenly Father answers your prayers. 

To not get to boring here are some other things I'm thankful for.
STAYING IN MY UGGS ALL DAY
PUMPKIN BREAD
MY SEXY HUBBY (I will post more about him later, he deserves more than a one liner)
15 MINUTES MOMMY TIME OUTS!
CLEANING OUT OLD DRAWERS AND FEELING LIKE YOU ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING THAT DAY!
MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU WANNA DANCE
MY HOT STEAMY SHOWERS THAT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A CHERRY TOMATO.
MY SWEET FRIENDS
LITTLE JOBS HERE AND THERE SO YOU CAN HAVE A SMALL CHRISTMAS
MY MOM'S COOKING, SHES MAKES A MEAN GRAVY!
THAT MY KISSES CAN STILL HEAL OLIVIA'S BO BOO'S!



Things are really bittersweet right now.  We have sold our house!  I should be happy, I'm not.
I am relieved and grateful yes that we sold it so fast and feel very lucky about that. 
I know this is what is best for our little family right now, as hard as it is. 
I know this all to well, we all do, but life hands you things in that you just have to make work.
You do your best and move forward. 
As much as I am trying to remain positive about this, I still can be sad right?
I have cried everyday just thinking about that my days and nights are limited to few of spending time together as a family in our home.
And it's the real kicker when your buyers walk through and call it their home! 
No this was a dream to us. 
We put our hearts and souls into this, literally. 
It breaks my heart to think of the dear friends we won't see on a regular basis anymore. 
It breaks my heart that I have worked out here for 10 years and saw this City grow from nothing. 
I love this place! I love this community. 
I love my friends. 
I love watching Olivia book it for Jess an Stan's house!
Oh how I will miss her!  And I can guarantee Olivia will! 

Again I know this is what is best for our family. I love new adventures, I do.
I just need to remind myself of this. 
Today this thought came to my mind.
It's not where you make a home,
It's how you make a home! 


3 comments:

Jennifer Darger said...

I know how you feel, we are moving in January and I feel bittersweet about it too. We are moving far away from my family and even though there are some positive things, I feel so sad. Moving day will surely be full of tears for me. But as you said, it's not where you are but who you're with. Good luck babe.

Lindsay and Mike said...

I know just how you feel! It is so hard to leave that neighborhood...even though it feels right. It's hard to explain. Bittersweet is the best word, I guess. Our Muirfield house will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

love birds and a few chicklets said...

This is bittersweet for me too! I teared up reading this post. I feel bad that lately I haven't been the best friend that I could be... I have been so busy with my life and I havent been there for you guys. You will truley be missed. I know we will still talk, its just going to be hard to not want to stop by your house randomly, or when we drive by and Larkyn get so excited because for some reason she really wants a beat down from Olivia ;) You guys are really 1 in a million. You touch lives where ever you go. I know the last year has been hard, but some how you still managed to touch those lives. Life is turning around Amy and I always knew it would. You guys are amazing and you will always be our friends!