July 20, 2010

one fine day!

Today I'm trying to look on the bright side of life. After hearing this awful story about a young 29 year old mother of two (one of which is a 4 month old) was killed in a accident.  I hate death. I hate tragedies. I hate when life takes sudden turns. Such drastic turns.  I always think about death, I mean everyday I do, sick right?

Maybe it has something to do with losing a best friend at 19.  I always ask Casey what he would do if I died. I think about what I would do if I didn't have him. He gets so frustrated that I even think about it, but I can't help it.  My biggest fear is that I would have regrets, Regrets that I spent to much time worrying about things I didn't say, or things I did say. Regrets that I have spent to much of my time worrying about those who have hurt, offended, or judged me. I know it's impossible to life your life without any regrets, but hey does thinking about it count?

Its days like today that make me want to bottle up time and savor those moments, yes even those moments when I have cheese blended into my shirt and boogers on my leg.  Its days like today when a shower seems to much of a burden or hassle, ha ha or I like to use that excuse. Can't ya tell from the picture? Gotta love lazy days!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I think I worry about death more now that I have a baby. I was just telling Jared this morning that we need a will..and to get Maren on our life insurance. It is sad that I have to worry about things like that..but you just never know! Hopefully you and I will be old, old ladies with lots of grandchildren before we die.

Jill said...

Hey sweetie...You worry about death because you have so much to live for! Being a Mom and a wife make you care more about others than you do yourself...therefore, you don't want to leave them! Thank heaven (literally)there is no "end"...only forever! I love you and am eternally grateful you and yours are mine!

MOM

Lindsay and Mike said...

That story made me so sad too. You just never know when your last day is going to be. A good reminder for all of us.