May 18, 2010

Cinderella Cinderella!

That's what I feel like sometimes is Cinderella. When am I going to be able to go to the freaking ball? OK I am really posting today for those of you who have asked me for my cleaning, organization schedule. It's not perfect, I've already made a few changes but it works for me. I do love it however, simplifying and not being overwhelmed or feeling like everything has to be perfect because it's not and never will be. So here it is.

DISCLAIMER ****
#1 This is just for me!
#2 I have only ONE CHILD who still takes a nap (knock on wood) thus giving me some time.
#3 I admittedly have only done this for a couple of weeks, it's been nothing but raining here so we will really see what my house looks like after it's actually nice and I'm doing things outside of this house

MONDAY
- Family Room (dusting, blinds, vacuum, wipe base boards, organize (toys, books, etc) and cleaning food,toys, etc out of the couches.
- Living Room (dusting, blinds, cleaning windows, floors,wipe base boards, and again cleaning food,toys, etc out of the couches.
- Grocery Shopping

TUESDAY
- All Laundry
- Master Bedroom (dusting, blinds, vacuum, organize dressers, wipe base boards)
- Master Bath and Closet (mirrors, tubs, toilet, floors, drawers, organize clothes that have been stuffed in the closet and actually hang them on a hanger)

WEDNESDAY
- Olivia's Room (dusting, wiping down who knows what germs are growing, organize closet, vacuum)
- Office (organize papers, throw out unnecessary paperwork, blinds, vacuum, dusting)
- Bonus/Craft Room (dusting, vacuum, blinds, and again organize stuff that has been thrown to the top of the stairs just to get out of the way)

THURSDAY
- Kitchen/Pantry (dusting, blinds, floors, deep clean counter tops, stove & fridge, organize pantry)
- Laundry Room (wipe down everything, floors)
* Who are we kidding the kitchen is a EVERYDAY THING!!

FRIDAY
- Bathroom (shower, mirrors, floors, toilets)
- Iron

SATURDAY
- Outside (mow lawn, weed, sweep garage, and clean out cars)
- Sheets (I know I could do this on "laundry day" but there is something for crawling into bed on a Saturday night with fresh smelling sheets, call me crazy!)


Its nice because I know that about every other week will be more relaxed. It doesn't mean I don't still shake my head in awe of how in the world does it get so dirty so fast, and I only have one child! (well two if you count Casey).

5 comments:

love birds and a few chicklets said...

Thanks for sharing! I need to create my own and you seriously dust a lot! If you knew how little I dust you might gag! Oh I need to be sooo much better!!!

Ashlee said...

You do your blinds every week? You can never come to my house. Ever. I'm with the above poster with my dusting, too. :)

Also, I love the idea of a schedule, but honestly if I did laundry one day a week I'd have a pile up to the ceiling! I should do some type of schedule though, it's a great way to feel more organized and heaven knows I can use THAT!

Stephanie said...

Great schedule! I have tried something like this in the past, but it is hard for me to do something every day. Let me know how it works for you.

Jill said...

Amy I love your schedule! You work so hard to make your home clean and that makes me proud! I love you!

MOM

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Good to see that you are embracing your inner Colleen :) Maybe if you have time on Saturday before you crawl into your fresh clean sheets you can come to my house! ;)