First of all when people ask me how old Olivia is and I repeat 22 months! That always bugged me about moms when they would say "oh my child is 42 months, 6 days, 14hours, and 3 mins! And WHAT here I am doing it. Oh well two months and I can just say she's 2!.
The other thing I have found myself doing, which I am happy to do, is making funny games, ridiculous noises, just to get my sweet 22 month old to eat a DANG PIECE OF FRUIT!! You would think I was feeding poison to my child.
4 comments:
AGREED! I am amazed at how fast I can become LAME to make Isaac eat or STAY in one place.
That is hilarious! It's funny you have to work so hard to get your 22 month old kido to eat an apple.
Almost 2, I can hardly believe it! Congrats on being such great parents.
Aimee
Isn't being a mom funny? You totally do all the things you were completely against doing. And saying. The first time I said something my mom said, I wanted to cry! It happens though.
I have a 5 year old who still refuses to try fruit. That's right, she won't even TRY it. We had an hour long crying fit over trying a bite of watermelon this summer. WATERMELON!!! Who doesn't like that?!? She did once take a bite of a blueberry though...
Good luck! She's adorable!
Amy-
A little trick that I have always used to get my kids to try new food-put it on a kabob (even a toothpick works like magic) My youngest swears he HATES apples and grapes-but he loves "fruit kabobs"-makes no sense whatsoever but I stick a few pieces of peeled cubed apple, pineapple chunks, and some grapes on a toothpick and it disappears!
Now to get my nine year old to eat the delicious steak sandwiches I made for dinner last night...well that's another story :)
Post a Comment