December 21, 2009

Lights at Temple Square.

We decided to go up to Salt Lake to see the Temple Square lights. In years past we have experienced several funny memories of going up to the Temple.

Two years ago, after going to see our new Nephew after only a few hours after his birth, we went over to the grounds. The best part of that night was witnessing a little bit of a "tiff" between my dear sister and her patient and slow driving husband Greg (or at least that was the problem that night). I will never forget that night. Good times!

Last year, we went up but apparently Casey doesn't remember so I can see it left a lasting impact on him!!! I swear we did, but I could be losing it in my old age.

This year, it was cold, bitter cold. The air in Salt Lake was horrible. You couldn't see half of the office buildings surrounding the Temple. The best part of this night was watching all of the groups of 18 year olds trying the impress one another. I love hearing other people's conversations, not by choice but when they are talking REALLY LOUD for everyone to hear. Also when your in this tight confined space you tend to always follow the same crowd. The couple behind us were arguing on how many thousands or millions of lights they thought were on these trees. This man was determined that millions of lights were on trees and rambling on random calculations to his poor date like 10x10 is 100. Like this girl was 4. You could tell she just wanted to get home! The best part was when Casey and I just looked at each other and knew what the other was thinking and we just laughed. That's one of the reason's why we are a great team. Sometimes nothing needs to be said.




1 comment: