April 7, 2009

All in a day's work

I listened to my child cry for a few minutes before I could literally roll out of bed. The cough syrup I took the night before still felt like a hangover. Hate me but the thought actually crossed my mind to turn off the monitor and roll over.

But I didn't...... don't worry.

I can literally barely walk to Olivia's room. Poor child she hasn't been cuddled by her mama for three days for the fear of getting her sick.

I feed Olivia and can smell her diaper from across the house. WHAT DID YOU EAT CHILD????

So I decide to kill two birds with one stone and think I will get in the tub with her. That was a big NO NO!!! First of all you would think I am the 1 year old I was shivering like a baby. So that lasted about two seconds. Plus I don't like the way my daughter look at my fat rolls and went to pinch them.

As I get her out of the tub, keep in mind if you dare, that I am naked because I hopped out of the tub to get her out. I stand her up and she pees on the carpet.

YIPEE!!!

We get through nap time.

I need to get out of the house so I decide to go to Home Depot! I find gorgeous flowers as I turn around I notice Olivia is picking all of the flowers.

Bless her heart!

Meanwhile back at the ranch..... My dear hubby volunteered to feed the missionaries.

Good deed for the year.... CHECK! (wink wink)

These blessed souls get 6 meals a week prepared for them. WHAT!!! I don't remember the last time I had six meals in one week. Because I know that Ramen Noodles doesn't count as a meal. I am trying to have a christlike attitude about serving these young men. I just hope I don't poison them with my cooking.

But speaking of Ramen, do you think they would say anything? I would serve it in my china bowls at least.

I need to prepare dinner, but can't find half of my utensils because Olivia just loves that drawer.

(I sound like an unhappy mother blaming Olivia for everything. I LOVE her so much don't get me wrong)

As I run outside I notice that my neighbors three, yep three, dogs have gottne loose and are running down the street.

Oh this otta be good! I can't remember the dogs names, that's the NyQuil talking, so what am I supposed to do run around and yell DOG! DOG! DOG! and expect them to listen? I am sure the neighbors are laughing hysterically watching me chase this little dog around which is the size of of my pinky.

Someone please just come step on my chest because I am pretty sure at this point that would feel better than all my coughing and hacking! I sound like a chain smoker and Kim Carnes singing "Betty Davis Eyes" at any moment. Listen to the song and you'll know what I mean.

Oh just found the spatula in my closet...interesting!

Everything in my house smells like Vapor Rub.

I get the vacuum run across the carpet and think, do you think these elders will really appreciate the vacuum lines? Oh well it makes me feel better and it disguises the rest of the mess.

Elders show up and they are great young men, now I feel really guilty for not taking the time to serve them something other than Ramen. But I really do feel guilty for not having a better attitude.

Then I want to pass out, cough syrup please.

There's a knock at the door. I look like I've just been kicked by a horse. And the stranger at the door says "Amy? we had an appointment"

Oh you have got to be kidding me!!!

I have blown this guy off like three times before. Dude get the hint! So I talk with him at the door trying to convince him that I am not interested in his product, in a kind and gentle way. He asks me for my neighbors names so he could stop by. Don't worry I just gave him the ward list to save us all some time.

Bless his heart!

Now it's 8:00 and I am wondering if it's to early to hit the sack and take some of grandpas cough syrup?

Nope. Mama needs sleepy.

I know there were plenty of other things that happend but I am to tired to remember.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for the great laugh. And don't worry ... I'm not laughing at you ... I'm laughing with you. You need to get in the car and come to my house. You'll escape all appointments, salesman, phone calls and I'll take care of Liv. Come on! Have I convinced you yet?

Hope you're feeling better! Love ya!

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I hope you get feeling better! By the way i'm pretty sure you don't have any rolls! you are so skinny!

Jennifer Darger said...

Poor girl! I had the same flu two weeks ago, it was awful. I was so sick I had to make my sick 4-year old get up and get her little sister some cold cereal..I hope you feel better soon!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

I just want to say on behalf of all of us missionaries who served in third world counties and NEVER got a dinner worth eating, let alone 6 a week: They damn well better apprecate the Ramen. -J

Ashlee said...

Being sick as a mom is the WORST!!! We got your cute invite today- can't WAIT! Get better soon!

Summer said...

I am so sorry you are still sick. Crying in her crib is not as bad as letting her wander around the house and get into anything and everything because you are too sick to get your butt off the couch.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! You make me laugh! Love it!