February 17, 2009

Valentines Day


Happy Valentines Day. I typically hate this day, it seems unnecessary and just an excuse for us to tell us how we feel. Go spend $4 for a piece of paper at the store with a sentimental quote that says "the perfect thing"! But shouldn't we do that anyways?? Don't get me wrong I love being pampered and having time with my hubby, but I have always told Casey "don't spend money on flowers" I would rather have something that I like and that doesn't die!

It was a Valentines Day of "firsts" this year!

First we have a little one to celebrate with now and share our hugs and kisses with.

Second we have someone who will eat my awful heart shaped pancakes and doesn't know any different. Casey didn't really complain, it was more so from me and laughing at how they turned out.

Third we got our first official BABYSITTER! Ok I have to admit I was only a little nervous. We had one of our young women, Kaitlyn, come and watch her. Olivia knows her because she sees her at least twice a week and Kaitlyn is always great to help out (or kidnap) Olivia.
We went to dinner with some of Casey's friends for the third year in a row. We go to The Dock of the Bay restaurant in Heber. We always have the greatest time and are the most obnoxious group there. It always cracks me up to see these couples on a date, in a romantic setting, and they aren't even talking to one another! And then there is us.... we don't stop talking and laughing out loud for three hours. I really don't think I have laughed that hard in a while. Thanks your guys for a great time.

On our way home of course being the paranoid mother that I admittedly am, called Kaitlyn to see how everything went. Olivia apparently knows how to work the system already, since she wouldn't go to bed until 9:30. I asked her if Olivia cried or seemed to miss us, her response was "Um not really, she didn't cry at all". I am not sure if I am ok with that or if I wanted to know that she missed us? Even just a wee little bit! Anyways it was a great day and I had a blast with Casey as always. I love ya babe!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy V-Day! Glad you had fun! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love ya!

TheShippenFamily said...

Congrats on getting your first babysitter!! Thats a big step!