Guess where I will be??
So yesterday I headed to the local shopping location, which will remain anonymous until my innocence is proven. But a little hint as to where the crime took place is it's name is synonymous with "bull's-eye"
On to the crime....
The purpose of my visit that day was to return a stroller for Miss O, and since it was a gift I did not have the receipt and with my luck it's on clearance now for $7.45. Are you kidding me!!!! It was purchased for $30. Any who!
I decided to keep the purchase and continue shopping, knowing that I would have to explain to the cashier why I wasn't paying for this stroller for a second time and that I wasn't stealing it. So I proceeded to roam the aisles aimlessly looking for unnecessary purchases that I MUST HAVE!
Which I of course found. Which leads me to my crime. I found the most adorable little sweater for Olivia that as a result of my justification I think she will wear for Easter, again knowing that it won't last that long and she will probably wear it the following day! I hang this most precious item on the handle bars, hoping that my conscious will get the better of me and I will decide not to purchase it. Heaven knows the girls doesn't need any more clothes.
The second portion of the story is that Miss O has grown like a weed and as a result her feet stick out of the car seat about 3 inches (I KNOW DANGER DANGER). I am embarrassed about this so I hang her blanket over her feet, in fear of getting "the look" from other consumer mothers. As a result this blanket apparently was dangling down enough to cover the items I am about to purchase. COMPLETELY INNOCENT ACTION ON MY PART.
So I continue to roam and roam and roam. It is now time to leave and I proceed to checkout.
"Ah that lady looks nice" I say to myself thinking she will believe my stroller story and won't question me.
I tell her the story, Whew she buys it!
Miss O has just had it at this point.
It's snowing now! Great
and it's a lovely 32 degrees, what else would it be!
As I am loading her into the car, screaming and in the snow. As I turn around I notice to my dismay "THE ITEMS" Da Da DA!!!!
In all honesty I thought to myself ok I have two options, really three.
#1 - unload Olivia, take her into the store screaming and making a scene. With the potential of being arrested!
#2 - continue on and make a phone call or return the items the following day. With the potential of being arrested!
#3 BOOK IT! and get the heck out of dodge! Mom that only crossed my mind for a millisecond.
All the while I am just waiting for security to approach me, but of course it will take them a while to find me because I have come to the conclusion that I have the worst parking spot luck and I am at the back of the parking lot. I could have left my car at Costco and gotten there faster.
I would have thought it to be hilarious for Casey to get a call at his work saying
"Um yes, Brother Twitty, this is American Fork police. We have your wife and 10 month old daughter in custody. Could you please come bail them out."
My bail is set at $1,000. Please make checks payable to Amy Twitty!
So any guesses as to what I did?????
10 comments:
What a classic story... I think it happens to every mother more then once... So what did you do? Hey I am interested in you taking some pictures of my kids and family. I also have one that i would like to see if you would do for my hubby's birthday (tasteful not tacky) Give me a call 801-916-2979
Dude. You are so freakin' funny... Don't take pictures of my cousin.. she's a brat and might be moving to Texas! Miss you - let's play asap!
Okay, you crack me up! I'm glad you thought to call me as you were leaving the scene of your crime! Like we said, if we'd have known it was that easy to "steal" we could have taken that up a long time ago. (Just kidding mom!)
Love ya!
Umm... Im your brother, and you taught me all I know about being a KLEPTO. You stole it. That's my guess.
I think you took it back in. I can't tell you how many times I have had to go back into a store with 2 or 3 kids throwing a fit and have to pay for the bread that was on top of the babys car seat so no one would smoosh it, welcome to mommy hood. It is always going to keep you on your toes!!! Ha Ha Ha funny story though
My guess is you went home. I'm a mother and no amount of guilt would have sent me back into that store with a child who'd "had it". You'll return it in a couple of days (or tomorrow if you have a stronger conscience than me) and still secure your way into heaven.
So What did you do????? Love the Valentine pictures your one talented lady!!! She is a doll!!!
Love the pictures and I'm just not sure what you did?
I think left it in the cart and drove away.
Am you are so funny :)
You stole them...I have no faith in you.
Your conscience got the best of you the next day, so you donated them to the DI. That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it.
Post a Comment