(don't mind the white legs, oh boy do I need a tan)
Now you may be asking yourself, what in the world has Amy done now!
In my search for some reason thought I may have put the book in my cedar chest and as I rummaged through my things I found this.
This dear antique is the lovely attire I had the privilege of wearing at my dear sister's wedding many many many years ago when I was 11 years old! (ha ha Jill & Greg)
When I pulled it out of the cedar chest I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I immediately thought to myself, I wonder if I could fit my arms in it anymore?
Now I did have to put it on over my shoulders because it clearly wouldn't fit over my hips these days.
It reeks of cedar but is still oh so lovely. I wish you all could see this beauty in person, the floral print is to die for! I just don't know whether to be disturbed or not that I either haven't grown since the 7th grade, in a couple of areas, or that I was so completely awkward that all those years of my brothers making fun of me are finally making sense now.
I came out of the room and Casey's response was "Where is my other wife?"
I immediately called Jill because I knew we both needed a good laugh. We laughed for a good while and then she dared me to take a picture. And so I was stupid enough to do so.
14 comments:
That is GORGEOUS! Just one question ... where's the white "dickey" that went with it? AND for your reader's enjoyment they should know that when you first tried it on, you were also donning your running shorts, a ponytail and little jogging socks. You are one hot mama! And please don't knock the floral print. It was really in style back in the olden days.
Thanks for the laugh!
A real "dare" would be if you had the guts to wear it to church tomorrow!
I sort of hate you for fitting into something you wore when you were 11. But it is a classic look and the floral fabric rocks!
I just have to tell you that you are great at giving me a laugh every time I peek in at your blog. You are so fun. And I agree with the dare for you to wear that to church today! I had some beauties like that from my sibling's weddings as well!
Oh baby!
Will you wear it to our dinner?
I will buy your dinner if you will wear it when we go out!!
I think you looked HOT!!
You are so hot! How did you get that on! Holy crap girl! I think you should bring that style back! And dont let casey fool ya, he loves school girls! :)
First of all ladies, I would dare to wear this out in public but seeing as how I had this when I was 11 I really don't fit into it all that great. If your could only see the back side, I can't zip the zipper up at all and my back it just wide open for all to see.
Jill actually had those dresses at her wedding? Holy! It's gorgeous. I think I might have one that tops it! I'll have to dig it out! Love the pix of Olivia... she's so dang cute.
Oh my gosh, I have so many of those precious floral dresses from the early 90's..yikes what were those brides thinking? Oh well, we all need to get together and compare our ugly dress..let's have a girls night of it!
you are so hot!!! I love it.
THAT.IS.AWESOME!!!
All you need is a matching scrunchie and the outfit is complete.
When I saw this... I knew EXACTLY what dress it was. I kinda want to throw up knowing you can still get into it. I bet my dress from that day (which I'm sorry, but was wayyyy uglier!) would fit on one leg. For. Reals.
I love that you did it for a dare... we're so related.
Post a Comment