August 26, 2008

"Say a little prayer for Me"



Okay well we just celebrated our nine year anniversary a couple of weeks ago, and I for a moment had a very scary thing happen. Imagine this….. spent the day at work, going to City meetings, going to lunch at cafĂ© Rio (yummy) go back to the office, get tired and need a refreshing Diet Coke so go to the gas station, go back to the office, go to the restroom (tmi?) and return to my desk and look down at my wedding band and WHAT!!!! My diamond is missing!!! I let out a huge gasp and everyone in the office is wondering what is going on.

Oh my where do you begin???? So I started retracing my steps. First of all I have to admit I could see the looks that people were giving me as they noticed that I was staring at the ground in little itty bitty steps!! And I have to thank all of the strangers who looked with me, in the parking lot at my office, at the gas station, etc. So I, before I began to cry decided it would be best if I gave by hubby some sort of fore warning!! Um Babe……..??? I went back to the office and began looking through the car, which I had already done, Said a prayer and began looking through the parking lot again, went back to the car, opened the door, and what do my eyes see!!!! My diamond sitting on the seat!

What a blessing, of all the places it could have ended up. I thought for sure it was a gonner! And I have to admit, the thought did cross my mind (for a split moment – because I’m a brat) that oh maybe I can get a new band!!! (Hey styles have changed in 10 years, shake your head if you want) Oh well it was a blessing and I’m so grateful.

6 comments:

Tandy said...

Had the same thing happen this summer and I freaked out!!! Luckily I found it also!

CaraDee said...

Wow, that makes me glad I;ve had insurance on mine since we bought it. But when Brandon lost his on a boat, I was like "Crap!". I wouldn't get that super discount like when I worked at a jewelry store to replace it. Luckily, we found it.

Glad you found yours toots.

emily said...

I totally lost my wedding ring this summer too. But sad for me, I still haven't found it. I think Colby knocked it into the garbage can on accident. Ugh! However, I, like you, thought, well at least I can get an updated one!! Too bad I don't have my diamond to put into it. So sad.

nancy said...

K good thing you did find it, but I was thinking the samething when I saw that ring, oh she got a new one then. Happy you found it.

Melanie said...

I would have freaked out too..I am glad that you found it! What a relief for both of you!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

SCARY! It's nice to know Heavenly Father cares about the little things too and he does answer our prayers! I once praid about an earing (it was super cute though!) and found it! Funny. Glad you found your ring! Tell Casey he should give you another one as a reward because you're such a good finder.