May 24, 2008

Utah Back Roads!

I went to St George last weekend to see the Fam and what else does a girl decide to do when it's just her, a gorgeous day, a fresh Diet Coke and THE ROAD!!! First of all I didn't tell anyone I was doing this,so I am lucky nothing happened to me, because you wouldn't have known where to look for me, anyhow, I thought I wanted to entertain myself for a four hour drive, while alone. So I took the back road from Saratoga Springs to Santaquin, which goes along the west side of Utah Lake. Let's just say I decided to "Open my car Up" (a little lingo from my brothers). Let's just say I still won't tell my Mom how fast I got going. I highly recommend this road to anyone for a fun drive!! I felt like a teenage girl again, blasting my ghetto blaster and singing so loud. Sun roof open not a person in site! It was so fun, I learned a couple things about myself on this road trip.
#1. You can't play 20 questions by yourself.
#2. I drink a lot of Diet Coke.
#3. You are the funniest person when you're alone.
#4. It was my GOAL not to have a single car pass me down and back up to SLC. You ask did I accomplish this goal, YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Am: You are SO amazingly talented! Seriously! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pictures. You need to teach me. Maybe when the kids and I are up, you can have a photo shoot with them. I would LOVE it!

Thanks for coming down! You're the greatest and I love ya to pieces! I'm soooooo glad to call you my sis! Hugs and kisses ....

Unknown said...

You are the biggest dork ever - but yet so brilliant! Solo road trip? I'm amazed that you didn't get a ticket... I'm going to call Colleen and let her know what a wild driver you are!
Miss you - let's play soon!

Tandy said...

Okay so you are so in trouble for not coming our way!!! Sounds like fun though we have taken that road a few times!

The Johnsons said...

love the photos ames! You sure are talented. Loved hanging out w/ you tonight.

Kristin said...

we took this road when we went to vegas a couple weeks ago...but since i fall asleep the second i am in the passenger seat of a car, i didn't see all the fun stuff you did! that sinclair station looked cool...that would be an awesome place for a photo shoot...

emily said...

So fun! Amazing pics of the road trip and of your niece's recital. Did you watch for cops around Nephi? They'll get ya everytime!! I got a $250 ticket just outside of Nephi despite everyone's warnings to SLOW DOWN! (It was all Stacy's fault!)

Amy M. said...

Amy,
Hysterical post. Maybe one day, I can "open up" the mini van. I mean seriously, I'd look totally pimp'n in my van. Right?

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yay for Diet Coke! I am addicted too...as is my unborn child. Hehe. Nothing better than an open road and a diet coke...especially when there's a ghetto blaster involved! :)