January 15, 2014
Organizing Frame
I am not a very organized person and the hubby was tired of the kitchen table ending up being the work space! So I decided to create a wall space that would be multi purpose for things that I could pin or pictures that needed to be hung, receipts, and easily accessible items that I use for making my tents.
Initially my first thought was to go and make a frame and then I woke up and realized no that's just silly and I will lose my mind. So instead I went to DI and purchased a lovely piece of artwork for $25. Saving my sanity by buying this instead of thinking I''m super woman and making one, step #1!
Here is the frame before..... I felt bad for about 2.4 seconds.
I wanted the board to have three separate areas. A magnet board, cork board, and push pin board. I purchased the cork rolls at Hobby Lobby. I doubled up on the layers to give it a little extra thickness. The cork board I purchased at Home Depot for $6. Prior to going to a hardware store have your measurements and they will cut the board and magnet board for you there. The magnet board I also purchased at Home Depot for around $5. Now there are a couple different types of magnet boards they have their so ask an employee and they will show you the different thicknesses. Mine was a 2' by 18" board. Now I have wire cutters so I cut the metal when I got home.
A beautiful thing about this project is you that there is no sewing or hardware required. I wrapped all the three separate boards in fabric and and the cork board is wrapped with gold wrapping paper from Target. Darling right? I used spray glue to adhere the fabric to each piece and folding on the back. Then using wood glue to attach it to the frame. Seriously so easy! I look forward to using this board with many uses and who knows I may head to DI again and buy another board it was so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Great spot on Studio5 today. I love your blouse, would you mind letting us know where you purchased it?
love watching you on studio5! i have a similar frame that i turned into a chalkboard, for about ten min, before i snapped it in half with the garage door, oops! it now hangs in my kitchen with chicken wire :)
we need to meet sometime ;)
Post a Comment